Milady Just Wants to Relax - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
I like this series but my first question is why the feck has she remained as close to the capital as she has, it's retarded. She should be multiple countries over also ofcourse we get the "I'll tell them everything but oh no an enemy has stalled my plans again" trope....

I like this series but my first question is why the feck has she remained as close to the capital as she has, it's retarded. She should be multiple countries over also ofcourse we get the "I'll tell them everything but oh no an enemy has stalled my plans again" trope....
She's on a border town in the middle of nowhere that doesn't attract alot of attention as evident by the town having to employ mercs for town defense. In a world with magic, one would have to leave the entire kingdom and that might of made things like setting up a new business and moving there next to impossible.

Dex-chan lover
She's on a border town in the middle of nowhere that doesn't attract alot of attention as evident by the town having to employ mercs for town defense. In a world with magic, one would have to leave the entire kingdom and that might of made things like setting up a new business and moving there next to impossible.
But when your a desperate as her to not be seen by anyone she knows, staying in the same kingdom especially when your a former noble is just asking for people to notice you. She had enough money to start a buisness where she is so she could have started one anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
But when your a desperate as her to not be seen by anyone she knows, staying in the same kingdom especially when your a former noble is just asking for people to notice you. She had enough money to start a buisness where she is so she could have started one anywhere.
which is why she went to a border town where no one she knew would find her. not tp mention that most commoners dont recognize what 99.9% of nobles look like so there's pretty much zero chance that she's be recognized by anyone she'd meet.

as for the bit about the money, she might have enough to buy a store in a kingdom where she has papers showing she's a citizen but she wouldnt have enough money to immigrate to another country, pay for papers to live there, live in multiple inns while moving to multiple towns looking for a place to have a shop, and all the other expenses she'd have to pay for if she were to go to another nation.

Dex-chan lover
which is why she went to a border town where no one she knew would find her. not tp mention that most commoners dont recognize what 99.9% of nobles look like so there's pretty much zero chance that she's be recognized by anyone she'd meet.

as for the bit about the money, she might have enough to buy a store in a kingdom where she has papers showing she's a citizen but she wouldnt have enough money to immigrate to another country, pay for papers to live there, live in multiple inns while moving to multiple towns looking for a place to have a shop, and all the other expenses she'd have to pay for if she were to go to another nation.
Except the towns noble did recognize her, so my point still stands she's just lucky he didn't want to tell anyone. Considering how she wasn't a fallen noble she could easily have gotten the money she needed from her family before leaving so again I do not buy for a second that she didn't have the option to go well away away or even lived in the Spirit realm.

Double-page supporter
I just want to see schneider apologize to her. The story development is too slow and boring -.-
Wth is that demon doing anw, more like creepy human rather than demon

Dex-chan lover
Except the towns noble did recognize her, so my point still stands she's just lucky he didn't want to tell anyone. Considering how she wasn't a fallen noble she could easily have gotten the money she needed from her family before leaving so again I do not buy for a second that she didn't have the option to go well away away or even lived in the Spirit realm.
Your point doesn’t actually stand as you aren’t taking into consideration stuff like her having zero desire to rely on her family (other than her gramps).

Sure he noticed who she was but how does that negate what I said? She didn’t know him and none of the townspeople know who she is. She doesn’t typically go near the guy’s mansion and she hadn’t met him before so it was logical that he wouldn’t have even known who she was as he’s a noble in a border town.

Honestly this feels like another example of you unfairly complaining about stuff that has logical answers that negate your complaints

Dex-chan lover
The facts how the local baron sussed out who she actually was:

A clearly educated and relatively affluent unmarried young lady opens up shop in his town.
She is clearly unfazed by beastmen, quite opposed to what the usual reaction to beastmen is.
The local baron would have heard of her, or his wife would have, or the servants , or... After all, she is quite outrageous. So is, in fact, her "humble shop".

Then... During an unprecedented attack on the town, there is a sudden outbreak of Magic. Of a sufficient scale that it screams "Noble". And the only really significant newcomer in town is that outrageous young lady running that coffeeshop those beastmen like to hang out at.

Put A to B , and the Baron goes to have a Look-See for himself to figure out what the hell he is dealing with in his town.
....And he immediately recognises her for who she is...
And not because he is clairvoyant or is that "in" on current affairs.
Our lovely protagonist was engaged to the damn crown prince of the nation, and was so for years. Her qualities, including the nature and strength of her magic, would be very well known to all nobles. It's crucial for them to know. She was slated to be their and their children's Queen. Not exactly a minor matter...

He might not know exactly what she looks like, but he damn well can take a damn good stab on pinpointing her actual identity.
It's not that hard to link the disappearance of a major noble lady from the Court Scene, and the appearance of a magic-wielding ( the paperwork was a damned good subtle trick to test her...) young lady "running a humble coffeeshop" in his town at about the same time .

Doesn't mean her secret is "compromised". If it ever was a secret to the baron to begin with. Grandpa has clout, and he wants to see his granddaughter safe. And the baron seems to be an intelligent and sensible man capable of Keeping Up Appearances.
My bet is that he'll actually play a crucial role in keeping Brother-dear in the dark in the future.

Dex-chan lover
That devil was pretty creepy, but is he sealed again or just ran off? And how was the brother keeping tabs then? And hope he gets kicked out as roughly and rudely as possible, same with that prince. And hope both get cursed by the spirits and they get their just punishment... same with her parents. So many trash people. Oh ya, and that one fake bitch the prince fell for

Gosh now 2 people know her identity! I hope she'll be able to keep her identity a secret 🤔.

Thank you Scans team for another chapter! 🫰

Users who are viewing this thread