Milady Just Wants to Relax - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.1

@melbisbelbis i mean it's not like they broke up chapters on purpose to post more - that's just how the manga chapters were released, probably because the mangaka was busy and needed more time

m9EeQe6.png

Dex-chan lover
Why is there a repeat chapter fragment? It isn't even as much as the last one. The hell is going on here?
Baleet this!

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph this one was put up before NASS put theirs up, if you bothered to look at the upload time. NASS put CH. 16 up 2 months ago, and this person had this up 3 months ago.

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
I see. The automatic reading order of the site puts these pages after the NASS chapter. I'm guessing that is a product of the different naming convention?
I barely ever pay attention to when things were posted as it isn't generally relevant to me.

Anyway, baleet this regardless. Fragments chapters are trash and it just causes confusion.

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph unfortunately, most manga are released in this "fragmented chapter" style, so there is very little scanlators can do. they either release each fragment as it comes out, and get yelled at for only releasing part of the chapter, or wait for the whole chapter, and get yelled at for taking so long to release the chapter. Sadpixel(the scanlator in this case) has said they would be more than happy to take these down if NASS asked them too. since Apparently NASS hasn't asked them to(yet). just gotta deal with the slight annoyance

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
What they can do is go with option 2. Wait for the volume release.
Or better yet, wait for the entire series to be completed, translate all of it, then upload the whole thing together from start to finish in one go. Then it can all be here in its completion forever and never be in any other state. Perfect. And nobody would even see it coming in advance to complain about any of it being "late". And just what is "late" anyway?
I mean there is absolutely no benefit to just releasing even a chapter at a time anyway, let alone fragments of chapters.
Imagine if every conversation was like that. Stopping in the middle of a sentence, then waiting until the next day to continue speaking.

That is probably why old-style western TV avoided plot arcs like the plague and went with monster-of-the-week style stuff that could be shown in any order without missing anything. One cannot impart a story that slowly without everything fading from memory. It is just stupid. When Game of Thrones was running, I could just about cope with downloading and watching a season at a time, but it still bothered me that it was incomplete for years (much the same as the books). Some people actually watched each episode in isolation as it came out... Can you even believe that insanity?

Anyway... manga isn't time-constrained. Barring any unjust deletions leaving gaping holes in the story, once a chapter is posted it should still be there tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, etc. Most of the chapters for most of the manga I read on this site are over 2 years old... yet somehow almost all of the series are still incomplete. So it would make more sense if the complete story was all there at the same time. If the story isn't complete yet, it makes sense to wait until it is, and find something that is complete to deal with in the meanwhile... surely?

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph Unjust deletions? i've seen very few unjust deletions. most of the time, stuff is deleted cuz it gets licensed in english officially, so the scanlator team removes it so they don't get flak from the author or whatever.

and wait for the entire series to be finished? do you realize how time intensive scanlating is? i don't think you do. they gotta translate the pages, clean the pages, proofread the pages, typeset the pages....and alot of times, they gotta do this shit for free, in their free time. and some manga have 30+ chapters. that's ALOT of work. and some people enjoy the wait, it makes reading the next chapter that much better. i just can't stand when they extend arcs beyond all reasonable bounds

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
i've seen very few unjust deletions. most of the time, stuff is deleted cuz it gets licensed in english officially, so the scanlator team removes it so they don't get flak from the author or whatever.
Yes, that is exactly the kind of unjust deletion I'm talking about. The only appropriate reason to erase chapters is when they're duplicated or otherwise erroneous.
Leaving huge holes in the story due to fear of licenses or whatever is worse than if they had never translated it in the first place, as 9 times out of 10 nobody will EVER fill that hole. Generally they'll just do the 100% pointless act of adding chapters onto what comes after the missing part, which is useless as nobody can ever get to those chapters anyway. A story with a huge hole in the middle is just a waste of space in its entirety.

and wait for the entire series to be finished? do you realize how time intensive scanlating is?
What does that have to do with anything? If they're translating EXACTLY the same amount of content regardless, why not just wait until the end to release it all rather than pointlessly staggering it out a bit at a time?

That reminds me, the same thing is happening with games more these days. They're being released in a pre-alpha state and work just continuing on them while people are playing the unfinished fragments of them. Heck, I don't even play most games at release, preferring to wait until all DLC / expansions are complete so.... well, same story: I only want to experience the finished product. Any time spent playing something incomplete generally feels like a waste in the end as I'll just have to do it all over again eventually anyway.

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph
do you realize that this site nearly got shut down cuz people kept putting up some very popular LICENSED series? Boku no Hero Acedemia, One Punch Man. and people CAN get those chapters, just not here on mangadex. mangadex isn't the only manga site. i often go to other sites to find those missing chapters.

And the time intensiveness has EVERYTHING to do with it. when you do a big project all at once, sloppy shit gets through that never would have if you split that project into smaller pieces.

but i can see we aren't seeing eye to eye, so more power to however you think. i think differently. have a wonderful day.

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
do you realize that this site nearly got shut down cuz people kept putting up some very popular LICENSED series?
Did it? I'll consider that a data point at least (which is to say a possibility that hasn't been sufficiently proven one way or another yet). Though OPM is still here thankfully. I can't remember whether I read BNHA here or elsewhere.
I vaguely recall there were similar terror reactions over at BakaBT where I get my anime downloads from, and they responded to it by basically hiding the entire site from non-members. That reaction was fine by me at the time because I still have access to everything... but suddenly there were no more leechers, which meant it was troublesome trying to seed things past 1.00. Ah well, I'm digressing horribly now.

mangadex isn't the only manga site. i often go to other sites to find those missing chapters.
The others are aggregators though, aren't they? And those tend to also be full of random holes with absolutely zero hope of patching.
Old MangaFox used to be my preferred source until it got taken over by China and made into a shitty mess. Since then I've tried all sorts of places, but most of them had sparse offerings at best. And I kept having to go from one to another all over the place because there were missing chunks and nobody gave a damn because they were just aggregators. I ended up here in the midst of random searching for something and just realised there was more manga here. BUT most of it is incomplete and there is literally no way to find things by completion status... BUT STILL, more manga.
Part of the problem is probably the shite nature of search engines these days though. I remember back around 2000ish Google was actually decent and showed relevant results. I expect it is a combination of them becoming too successful and whoring themselves out as an advertising company OR all the various news sites and article writers exploiting search algorithms for their own gains, but search engines collectively became complete shite around that time. Any search for anything just yields hundreds of useless spam-pages, articles about this, that and the other, machine-generated pages of enhanced uselessness and suchlike. Just trying to find a manga site rather than the hundreds of popular pages who just comment "this manga exists" is stressful.

And the time intensiveness has EVERYTHING to do with it. when you do a big project all at once, sloppy shit gets through that never would have if you split that project into smaller pieces.
Your claim is kinda destroyed by the fact that sloppy shit is getting through regardless. There are badly translated chapters dotted here and there all over the place, alongside crappy scan resolution and bugger knows what else. Plus the holes. The huge, gaping holes that nobody cares to fill in for reasons completely alien to me.

but i can see we aren't seeing eye to eye, so more power to however you think. i think differently. have a wonderful day.
Be honest at least. I find patronising platitudes far more bothersome than just frank honesty.
But whatever. Maybe you have your reasons, and you're not nearly as stupid as most of the idiots I usually have to deal with.

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph
of course sloppy shit still gets through. hell, i've found mistakes in officially translated manga i bought.i never said sloppy shit wouldn't get through, i'm saying if they had to do it all AT ONCE, sloppy shit would get through that would never get through otherwise.

you know, it's nice to actually have an actual intelligent discussion with someone without it actually devolving to baseless accusations and name calling. and that wasn't patronising, i was honestly wishing you would have a wonderful day. :)

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
i'm saying if they had to do it all AT ONCE, sloppy shit would get through that would never get through otherwise.
Okay then. I'd still consider that a reasonable price to pay to be able to read complete series though.
Then again, maybe the problem is that most series never actually attain completion. Maybe they just loiter in limbo for ages. Asgard knows I've been waiting for Berserk to finish for decades. And JJBA probably should have ended after Stone Ocean (though for reasons unknown to me Steel Ball Run is one of the most popular parts, despite it being my least favourite).

and that wasn't patronising, i was honestly wishing you would have a wonderful day. :)
Oh. Hmm. That didn't even occur to me as a possibility, as I'm pretty sure every single time I've heard a phrase like that before, it was sarcastic.
... Or maybe I'm just so used to people being hostile that I'm conditioned by default to regard everything that way. Who knows?
Sorry I don't have an appropriate response for it then.

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph

lol, i've never really gotten a handle on internet sarcasm. i generally try to acknowledge and respect that the other person has a different opinion than i do, and that they obviously have reasons for that opinion. i may not agree with that opinion, but it doesn't make it any less wrong than my own. i'd rather agree to disagree, than continue to argue over a point and have it devolve to something nasty and unpleasant😄

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
lol, i've never really gotten a handle on internet sarcasm
Internet sarcasm isn't too bad to deal with. I don't think anyone will ever have a truly perfect grasp of it, but it isn't too tough to be right 90% of the time about it. People usually behave the same way in the same sort of situation, so as long as human behaviour is consistent, if you've confirmed sarcasm once then it will generally be true in equivalent situations most of the time. And when it isn't, there might be more subtle contextual clues to mark it.
People have been saying they don't understand internet sarcasm since the mid 90s, but I still think it is easier to handle than meatspace sarcasm. A lot of people still don't seem to understand what it means to communicate exclusively in words, like somewhere out there they're still making funny facial expressions behind their monitor and subconsciously assuming everyone else is picking up on that.

Sorry. I'm doing it again. Give my thoughts a topic and they'll run off on their own.

Aggregator gang
@the5thseraph

hey, it's not a problem. i enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and opinions. it's better than reading someone rant and rave and screaming(internet wise) "I'M RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG, NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!".it may be funny at first, but it just gets old after while. i got enough of that when i used to inhabit DeviantArt.com's Forums section.....where i used to troll with the best of em. but again, that gets old after a while too. i even made a meme about trolling once. it was a picture of a donkey captioned "trolling is like drinking alcohol, too much of either just makes you look like an ass"

Dex-chan lover
@weirdblackcat
Heh. DeviantArt. I've got an account there, but it is an embarrassment as I can't art for shit and I know it. I've never really been an active participant there.
I haven't actually trolled for years. Maybe even decades. I did during the early days of Yahoo Answers, and back on Gaia Online for a while, but that was ancient history.
Sure I've been falsely accused of trolling on a regular basis pretty much since the term was invented (and immediately became an insult people used for anyone they disagreed with), but when I actually did troll it was... abstract. I was kinda proud of it, but it was a circumstantial thing.
Yahoo Answers was full of trolls, but I decided to do something a bit different. I was a badger. That was my whole thing for a year or so. My story was that I was just a relatively ordinary badger who had stolen a camper's laptop in the woods and was just using it normally... and I stuck to my story like a professional wrestler sticks to kayfabe. So every time someone asked a question about their life or troubles or whatever, I would give completely "serious" answers... from the perspective of a badger, and usually riddled with made up metaphors alluding to burrowing and scuffling about at night. I kept it up for over a year, but eventually got bored and moved to other sites.
Now I think about it I've done similar things in real life. Like the first time I went to Canada for a few months and I put on my father's Edinburgh accent because I was in Nova Scotia and wanted to out-Scot the locals. I kept the accent up for the full 3 months. Then everyone got a bit confused the next time I visited because I didn't do it nor reference it again.

Point is when I've trolled, it has always been kinda abstract and never directly hostile. Arguably me NOT trolling is more hostile than me trolling ever was.

Users who are viewing this thread