Mina Soko Nite - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Haruna

Dex-chan lover
This ain't yuri at all, it is a horror story through and through.

Anyone gonna fix the tags to be more truthful to the actual content of the story?
hurry-up-judge-judy.gif

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
>Not yuri
Dudes.... we're only 3 chapters into a 3 volume series... We have no fucking idea what's going to happen. I'm pretty sure the scanlators know the story better than we do and if they put a yuri tag on it, I'm guessing it will probably go that way. They don't have to start tribbing in the first chapter for it to be a yuri manga... Sheesh.....

>Not yuri
Dudes.... we're only 3 chapters into a 3 volume series... We have no fucking idea what's going to happen. I'm pretty sure the scanlators know the story better than we do and if they put a yuri tag on it, I'm guessing it will probably go that way. They don't have to start tribbing in the first chapter for it to be a yuri manga... Sheesh.....
I mean, they always change the protagonist every chapter, really typical of the horror genre, but yeah, I don't hate it at all

Dang, she just vanished like that without anyone noticing her transformation.

I wonder what sort of treatment her family would have received if the village had known about that.

Power Uploader
This ain't yuri at all, it is a horror story through and through.

Anyone gonna fix the tags to be more truthful to the actual content of the story?
hurry-up-judge-judy.gif
1) It's tagged yuri on all Japanese sites. Probably because the mermaid seeks a female companion. There's more about it later.
2) Because yuri isn't the main focus doesn't mean there isn't any.
3) We're only 3 chapters in
4) It's introducing all the protagonists one by one, but they're all part of the same story.

Dex-chan lover
Heads up that chap 14 on the Japanese raw website is called "Epilogue", published may, 26, 2023.

I think this story may already be completed in Japan.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
1) It's tagged yuri on all Japanese sites. Probably because the mermaid seeks a female companion. There's more about it later.
2) Because yuri isn't the main focus doesn't mean there isn't any.
3) We're only 3 chapters in
4) It's introducing all the protagonists one by one, but they're all part of the same story.
I TOLD ALL YOU GUYS SO!
kek

Side note, when I was in Girls in Boxes (now unfortunately dead) everybody and their mother (on Dynasty forums mostly) was saying Futaribeya wasn't yuri and we kept telling everybody that we'd read the raws (which were far ahead of what we'd scanlated) and we could absolutely guarantee it was yuri, but nobody believed us... And we can see how THAT turned out lol.
Moral of the story: trust the scanlators (the real ones, not the ones who shit out MTL crap), 99% of the time they know what they're talking about.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, this is fucking horrifying. I was kinda expecting the girl from chapter 1 to be the MC as she was also a focus in chapter 2, but maybe not? We'll see. Anyways, thanks for the TL!

Double-page supporter
people are so impatient swear... I actually really enjoy how its taking its time to set up the setting and characters. A lot of stories now-a-days just toss 15 main characters at you within 2 chapters and expect you to care about all of them and the world with explaining any of it. This instead feels much more like a slow burn, taking its time to introduce you to all the characters and elements, and allowing you to actually immerse yourself into the setting over time. Looking forward to what comes next

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
people are so impatient swear... I actually really enjoy how its taking its time to set up the setting and characters. A lot of stories now-a-days just toss 15 main characters at you within 2 chapters and expect you to care about all of them and the world with explaining any of it. This instead feels much more like a slow burn, taking its time to introduce you to all the characters and elements, and allowing you to actually immerse yourself into the setting over time. Looking forward to what comes next
Yo. What he said.

Users who are viewing this thread