Minami in the Night - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
@Echonic: Now that you mention it... I find it like an allegory of depression of some sort. Too many signs.

was that manga inspired by "Yume Nikki" because it gives off the same uncanny feeling as that game.

Supporter
@monotone_ink: How rare to see the author here, thanks for this fascinating work. I have one question regarding the ending: Is it meant to show, that those "happy couples" the main protagonist speaks about are not all necessarily happy but each of them can also suffer because they are together? (Also, if I'm interpreting it right, I think it would have been a nice connection to have that same couple in page 49, to show the main protagonist is misinterpreting those she observes.)

And one comment: I was confused about the reading direction at the beginning of story. Maybe include "read from left to right" in the description.

Group Leader
@ckckckck I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Yes, that's the basic message of the ending I tried to convey--the idea that loneliness is more so an emotional state that can plague literally anyone.
Also, your idea is god-tier and I should've put it in there.

Supporter
@monotone_ink Thanks for the confirmation and don't worry, you conveyed that idea. You know how it is: If you are not unsubtle like a brick to the face, there is always room for imagination in the readers mind.

I'm looking forward to your next work.

(Also, you can just edit your manga if you want ^^)

Dex-chan lover
So, this was actually quite great, it opened my mind to a lot of possibilities of manga/comic style storytelling. But the main snag for me is that a ~certain scene~ felt extremely real, at least it vibed with a certain part of me that was, well, let's say dark to say the least; for someone in a bad state of mind I think this might be a bit dangerous, actually. I'm not in that state of mind right now, so I can certainly appreciate, but I think its good to be careful what to let into your mind.

That’s was a pretty good read it was kind of hard to really know what was going on in a few pages but when I got to the last few pages of this manga I know it was about drugs and suicide.

The human mind is a beautiful and dangerous place

Users who are viewing this thread