Minecraft - Anime Edition (Doujinshi) - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Creeper-chan Wants a Hug!

That last panel fucking killed me

I want a diamond ore cube shaped pillow now

Aggregator gang
So I just went down a rabbit hole of trying to figure out how explosions work in Minecraft because I thought creepers couldn't explode Diamond Ore.

So an uncharged Creeper has an explosive power value of "3." (For reference, a Ghast has a value of "1" and TNT has a value of "4")
(For the record, any block has a 1/p chance of dropping itself or its items, with p = explosive power)

According to the Minecraft wiki, this is how explosions work

For visual reference:
542px-ExplosionRay.png

Creepers have a blast radius of 5.1 blocks, and the required blast resistence assuming the creeper is right on top of the diamond block is 11.2. However, from the positioning of the Creeper in the comic, she must be at least 2 blocks away, as Steve is an entity at least on block away himself. Diamond Ore has a blast resistance of 3.

Assuming maximum blast power given the Creeper's dialogue of wanting the most explosive hug yet, (0.7 + 0.6) × [3] = 3.9, but with a decay of two blocks or 6 and 2/3 in terms of thirds of a block. That means the explosive power has to be reduced by 1.5. (6.66666x 0.225).

Considering how 3 > 2.4, it is unlikely that her explosion would have actually destroyed the diamond block, and that is before we calculate the effect other entities have in diminishing the explosion.

The TL;DR is I spent way too long over analyzing a silly comic about minecraft mob waifus to come to the conclusion it's probably bullshit
I appreciate your efforts. Keep Going. :chad::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread