minor bug: thread gone, still in list

not a big deal or problem for me but thought I would mention it since it might indicate an issue or be a clue if you seeing other oddities occasionally. The below has happened two times in the Suggestion forum in the last month or so. I have not seen it happen before this since I have started posting here, however it maybe normal behavior for a deleted post. Sorry for the length but figure with bug reports more detail is better.

When this happened I was not getting 502's or db errors. The site seemed to be running fine.

I had the forum open, https://mangadex.org/forum, every so often I refresh and see if there are any response time changes, basically earlier then the last. If I see a new response time from when I last viewed in a subforum I'm interested in I open the sub forum in a separate tab, scan and read as interested. I don't always close the subforum right away. What I saw in the suggestion forum was a new post. I opened it and read it. In both cases it was an odd post, not spam like visit our site, or a mistakenly posted in the wrong sub forum, but more like a general troll post. Neither time did I recognize the poster. I closed the post window. A little while later I refreshed the suggestion forum and the post had disappeared, figured a mod had deleted the post.

About 10 minutes later I refreshed the forum window, the post was still listed as the last updated post for the suggestion forum and the response time had increase by 10 -15 minutes or so. Thought it was weird, so I jumped over to the suggestion window which I still had open, refreshed. The post was still gone. I closed the suggestion window, went to the forum window and reopened the suggestion forum, still gone. I clicked on the link in the forum window and was able to reach the post. I closed the forum window and reopened it instead of refreshing, same thing post listed in forum window, not in suggestion window, following link from forum window I can see post. I also did a browser search for a word in the post title in the suggestion window just in case I was being blind and stupid and just overlooking the post. Each time, nope no post. I purposely waited 20+ minutes and then did the same thing with the same result. My first thought was a syncing or cache issue but I went ahead and looked at the other responses time for some of the other times and there was at least one that had been recently updated and had a matching post update time in the sub forum. It wasn't a big deal just an oddity so I ignored it after that. Eventually it cleared itself. I did the same checks both times it happened, at least a couple weeks apart. Both times it seemed to involve troll like posts which I assume was the reason for the deletion. I have seen lags between updates, but it has been in terms of 10-30 seconds, not 30+ minutes.

Again not an issue for me, just letting you know since it might be a clue to some problem.

If talking about the "latest Post" type display (such as when on the top level of forum), if nobody else posted something since say Suggestion (VISIT MY WEBSITE FULL OF ADS AND CREDIT CARD SCAM!!!) Which gets deleted/hidden, its still technically the last thing posted in that subforum.

ok, I just figured it would pull the latest post that was available.

Users who are viewing this thread