Minpou Kaisei - Nihon wa Ipputasaisei ni Natta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Amended Civil Code §732

This look interesting and since it's not your typical harem romance, I will surely look forward for the next update

Contributor
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
Interesting, legalized polygamy right out of the gate.

page16 & page28: "serious injured" ---> "seriously injured"

Looks like there's some accidental text repetition.

h11.png

Dex-chan lover
This was a good first chapter. While the premise is nothing new, it's going about it in a way that feels fresh. The art and pacing both seem pretty good. I hope that this will be a good series.

Fed-Kun's army
@justforthelulz

Yup, thanks. Just noticed it myself. I go through a re-read for readability and revise things slightly and since I don't use PS, I have to retype everything so I move the old text but forget to delete it afterward...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'll put it on the list for now. I nearly noped right out of here after reading the description, but this at least deserves a three chapter chance.

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy i really like how you told them what to expect and who will most likely read this... keep up the great work, i would love to donate... but in thefutute... running low on the fundssss

Aggregator gang
seems pretty good, but i am kind of annoyed how the law works.
1. the only configuration - one man, several women
2. even if wife has shitton of money it doesn't matter
3. how does divorce work? custody?
4. what if man's salary drops after the wedding? if this doesn't affect marriage, i imagine there would be some schemes; if does, then how?

Dex-chan lover
Spoilers please: will this story avoid the harem the synopsis and setting seems to be set it up to (ie. being a renai comedy where the proclamation makes her spend more time with him, without any ntr elements from girls actually managing to seduce him), or will it be exactly as the synopsis makes it sound? I were wondering what exactly his achievement were, but the way it ended gives me hope it might be the former and actually end up an enjoyable read.

edit: @Dudley did it explicitly state it only works for men? I skimmed those parts to get to his achievement. Though I do remember it mentioned "to reduce the number of singles", so it might make sense that it does work that way if it is post-war with a resulting skewed gender-ratio.
2. I would imagine that the wife's income matters, as it would be considered part of the family's income. Though if they explicitly stated that it doesn't, I could imagine it is because they expect divorces (and if the high-income wife leaves, the others are left destitute).
3. probably case-by-case, like irl. I imagine that custody favours the man if it is a high-income clause relationship, and the mother if it is one of the low-income ones.
4. probably loses the right to marry further. Might receive a stipend from the state, if the low-income clauses do (mc's case suggest they don't, as his reward seems to have been a one-time thing meant as a reward for his actions)

Fed-Kun's army
@Dudley

The original Japanese is 一夫多妻 which literally means "one husband, many wives." Technically, the English translation is polygyny whereas the reverse is polyandry, and the system overall is polygamy. So the law only contemplates the man having multiple wives and not the other way. Sounds sexist but a reflection of the custom and the social norms of Japan. But so far as one of the stated goal was increasing the birth rate, polygyny would be more effective than polyandry.

Aggregator gang
@feha
x11.png
first bubble suggests that only men has the right, also that they can marry only women
second-to-last means that low-income husband can't marry two high-income wives
third point is pretty tricky and fourth is reasonable, but I meant already existing one

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
well, that sucks

Dex-chan lover
Huh, in Korean you also call someone Person's-Name-ssi (sounds like shee) to be respectful but not super respectful. I wonder if that came from Japanese or if they have a similar origin?

Users who are viewing this thread