Minpou Kaisei - Nihon wa Ipputasaisei ni Natta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Amendment To Civil Code 732

Is this a reupload or retranslated by new scanlators?

Either way, hoping for this to get translated completely.

Edited: Welp, I guess we are still playing the waiting game, shame.

Contributor
@baggios

Looks like a retranslation, given that Paul Bunyan removed all of the chapters he worked on.

It’s good to see it’s back up, but the premise still irks me. I mean, according to the manga, polygamy was instated to 1) increase the birth rate, 2) reduce the number of unmarried people, and 3) improve the economy after the Tokyo Olympics turned out to be a bust.

For 1, the birth rate wouldn’t be increased that much compared to, say, monogamous marriages, because polygamy would be just taking some wives from other situations where they would get kids on their own. While Mormonism did this, it was mostly to inflate their own numbers, which works for a minor religion but not so much an entire country.

For 2, given that only a select few men can have multiple wives, which is based on either economic standing or extreme circumstance, there would most likely be more unmarried people - in this case, Japanese men who do not fit the requirements to be polygamous.

And for 3, while I can get that wealthy people from abroad would become Japanese citizens in order to make use of the law, that just reminds me of how so many corporations have offices in tax havens like the Cayman Islands or Ireland. Like, it may improve the economy, but when the people who most benefit from it are wealthy foreigners, it doesn’t seem like it would benefit Japan as much.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. It’s not that I don’t like the premise of the manga (I follow 100 GFs and Kanojo mo Kanojo), it just feels that they’re jumping through hoops to justify polygamy actually being accepted in Japan.

Double-page supporter
I am willing to chinese translate this, it not as good as jp tl but its a start, if you want to proof read after me if you want to get in touch lmk

Glad you brought this back, even if it does turn out to be only one chapter. Much appreciated and hope you might be able to continue in the future 😮

Dex-chan lover
Yea, screw you Paul xD (jk, idc)
But hopefully if reupload(more like retlanslation) helps some group notice this then it won't turn out bad in the end. I really hope some group will do at least three or four chapter to see if it's anything interesting or just meh, or even pick this up.

Polygamy - I mean, meh. The problem with low birth rates is not that there's a lot more single women than men or the other way around so it won't help this. What could help is like give $$$ for every extra kid they have, but speaking from experience it will just make people stop working and make kids instead
file_2104160_128x128.png

@tonie
Lol, there is actually a hentai doujin with that premise I read not too long ago. In addition to the government giving money for having kids, they also help with the expense for housing and such if i remember.

Dex-chan lover
The genes of heroes must be preserved. They must procreate and fill earth with little heroes.
Bwahaha.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's safe to marry 3 people only with a bonus money of 3m yen.

Thank you, I hope some group can continue with the translation, I really like this premise.

Polygamy was legalized to increase the birth rate and reduce the number of unmarried people

What

That requires an amazing lack of understanding of how hetero-normative legal polygamy has worked in the past

when you wanted to read a manga so much, that you decided to translate it yourself. Thx for ur hardwork 👏

Users who are viewing this thread