Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

Dex-chan lover
i think this might just follow the 3D show -hence the adaptation tag- but this is a nice take on ladybug

why, why, why, would anyone give their lead character such a shitty costume? it looks like she's running around in a motion capture suit and mask......

Group Leader
@scorpiowolf
well, part of it is this is based off a French 3D animated show (created by Thomas Astruc) and the costume design had to go through a lot of revisions during production due to the complications in animating it. It got watered down a lot, though ironically a lot of it had to do with the spots being hard to keep consistent or something.
a9n9y2F.jpg
That being said, I do agree. There were a lot more interesting designs in the concept artwork, I wish they would have gone with the first or second in this series myself, but idk anything about animation so who knows why they were scrapped. But at the same time, when your superhero is based off a ladybug, there's only so much you can do with that design haha. Being red/black with spots is kind of a given.

It's a very good show though, and pretty well animated for it's budget and demographic (I mean, Toei is involved so that should say enough). It's clearly aimed towards a very young audience, like lower end of elementary age I'd guess, but it's still fun to watch at any age. They just kinda handhold you on the message of the episode/show in a kiddy fashion, but I'd highly recommend it overall. This chapter is almost word for word, scene for scene the first episode of the series though, so I presume this is just a faithful manga adaptation of the show.

lol i hope they don't make the romance shitty here either. im sick of marinette in the cartoon series 🧍

Users who are viewing this thread