Mismatched Love

Dex-chan lover
@jayjam @MellowV2 As someone who really loves gender bender but doesn't like yaoi...I usually don't even rate stuff unless I find something I wanna rate a perfect 10/10.

But yea, although I don't have any bias against yaoi or crossdressing, I AM a bit biased against harem bullshit. So I understand their feelings of wanting to immediately rate something the worst possible number after being severely disappointed like that (since I've started reading stuff out of interest in the premise before but immediately dropped it when it showed the plot going towards the harem route from the first chapter).

Although I don't agree with it, I still kinda understand it. That feeling sucks and makes you feel that the author had something good going on but ruined it. So you wanna complain to everybody because of your anger. But I'm too lazy to leave a review on anything unless I find it REALLY good so I just don't. lol

126 total released, high hopes Bois

BTW don't fall for their tricks, Its all almost free now. Don't pay for something that we're basically stealing from the author's... Support the author and artist directly, eventually someone will get around to it for free

@Walter_vi_Britannia: This had like 5 or 6 one star votes a few hours after the first chapter came out and there's really nothing in it that would justify that. I mean it's fine once you have a real feeling how the story is going after a couple of chapters, but after one chapter you usually can hardly be really disappointed - this isn't some kind of ultra cringy and badly written isekai after all.

I mean, if one doesn't like the story, one shouldn't read it and that's it. I'm not the biggest fan of harems either but it's not like there are good ones out there and there are certainly people who enjoy them. So rating something 1/10 just because it doesn't meet the personal taste is just pointless. Votes should reflect wether the manga is good within its genere and not wether it meets one's taste.

Dex-chan lover
@jayjam Yea, I agree, but nothing we can do about it. That's the price of free speech. People can say whatever they like, they're not doing anything illegal. The ones suffering are the creators and sometimes the fans too (since a work might get cancelled because of low traction through bad reviews).

The only thing the authors can do now about that would be to straight up tell people what type of story it's gonna be without pulling off a twist at the very start where the complete genre of the story changes. But sometimes you can't really put genre tags on a story if that's a spoiler since that would ruin a big part of the plot, but not doing that would have worse results because of these types of people who feel deceived and believe they lost their precious time reading it.

Like, how at first Prunus Girl didn't have the crossdressing or shounen ai tag anywhere and that led to the suspense of wondering if the main love interest was a boy or a girl, the same suspense the main character felt since he wasn't sure either. It was about the main character falling in love with him regardless. It was supposed to be the same for the readers, accepting them being together even if it's gay. lol
But that led to a lot of people talking shit about it since they thought they were deceived. So now there is a tag to warn people, and now new readers aren't going to find that same impact that it had with me and other readers who actually liked this manga since they already know the gender of the love interest because of the tags.

(I like gender benders now because of that same thing actually. I didn't know who the MC will end up with, but I didn't want it to be a guy cause I found that gay, but when in the story they were about to be separated I actually felt kinda sad and really wanted to see them together at last. Gender bender stuff usually don't have tags for that sort of stuff since it's technically straight if they end up with a guy after being turned into a girl...but I see a lot of dissatisfaction in the comments in gender bender straight stories because of that, some people really hate it when the love interest turns out to be a guy and rate it really low unfairly because of their bias against it.)

But at least they have more reason to rate it at least since they read till the end and just didn't like the main character ending up with someone they were rooting for. But it's still frustrating.

This is actually funny. But the height difference is putting me off. (S)he looks like a kid in elementary school next to him..

Please don’t tell me he’s actually going to fall I. Love with this crazy manipulative bitch. She literally pretended to be a boy and PURPOSELY broke his leg. But she’s never talked to him before? The story makes no sense and contradicts itself because she’s more shallow than the rest of the chicks that asked him out? Who thought this story would be a good idea? If anyone did this in real life they would be and actual psychopath. This is BEYOND creepy.

Dex-chan lover
Based on the comments she sounds like a real bitch I'll just follow and just check it once every 6 month or something

It usually ends in the guy still liking the bitch for some reason but on rare occasion when drama tag is included the MC mans up and reject the bitch this manga doesnt have that but we can hope I guess

I don't really like this story because

if the genders were reversed everyone would call the FL a creep but since she is a girl it is completely fine to ignore the MLs wishes and stalk him.
She dresses up as a boy because she thinks that he's gay but how would that even work? In the end she is still a girl. Did she think that she could turn him straight ot some bullsh*t like that?
She should have respected the MLs boundaries and treated him like a normal human being. It seems like she doesn't even see him for who he really is and not only his looks.

In the end I only read the first 2 chapters so I'm not going to rate this story. I just wanted to vent my frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread