Misu Misou

What the fuck did i just read?

Don't let "award winning" tag fool you (is it even true?) - it's a revenge gorn. A revenge gorn done right, with good amount of characterisation, proper stage setting, moody atmosphere (desolate rural towns with near constant snowfalls are great) and few twists thrown here and there. It takes it's time before murdering starts, so when it does, you actually do care about the protagonist.

But at the end of the day it's just a violent revenge plot with lots of tragedy mixed in. Don't expect a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this is probably one of the most tragic and twisted series I've ever read... The kind that's so sick you just can't stop reading. And in its genre, I think it's an amazing work.

I was reading this on batoto, didn't read the whole manga i think i stopped in the murdering part but i haven't forgotten this one even though some time has passed.

Group Leader
are you fucking serious?
taking a photo when fire is around you and while seeing people being burnt?! that's beyond crazy, you damn psychosick!

Nobody except the protag or her family is truly a good person in this damm.

Dex-chan lover
For the record, I don't even know myself what I could do when I get pushed to the brink

Contributor
@sastrathebest
7 months later, I come to tell you that reality is stranger than fiction. (Badly) translated from a local newspaper.
Firefigthers have recommended the general public to stay away from the fire in the commercial area for their own safety, since the fumes have become highly toxic and they could obstruct their labour.
Even so, a great group of people doesn't want to leave the area. Some of them live nearby, others work in the area, but the majority of them only want to take pictures and record videos of the tragedy.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
What fucking award did this one win? Not trashing it, but what award did this win?

i didn't expect this to happen, i was genuinely surprised by how this turned out. I'm not really a big fan of this kind of story but it was a bit hard to stop reading,
and the only thing that i really wish was different is that her and her sister would have lived

Dex-chan lover
This is still one of the biggest emotional gut-punches I've read in a while. The artwork was kind of off-putting at first, but it really grew on me and fits the story's atmosphere. The violence was gruesome enough I sometimes couldn't look at it. And the ending is one of the most tragic I've seen. Even the teacher is an example of how much bullying can twist a person's psyche, she never escaped her own past of being bullied.

I read a lot of revenge-oriented manga, but this one feels much more grounded in reality than most, even with how everything goes. It's over the top in the right ways, showcasing just how bad revenge is. Getting revenge doesn't backfire on the main character per se, but you can also tell she's not doing it to feel better. She's just someone who got pushed to her breaking point and snapped, which can be said for most of the cast.

I like to think that the younger sister didn't die and was just transferred to another hospital in Tokyo in a coma, and will eventually wake up. It's just too tragic for the grandfather to be alone.

What the fuck? Did everyone die? Who graduated?
Why did the little sister die?
What award did this win? What happened to Grandpa??

Somebody please help me, I beg of you.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Damn this was a heavy read. The artwork style was odd but really fit the tone of things as it developed and gathered pace.
It's like a perfect example of just what can happen if bullying gets out of control, one little overstep..
Art imitates life, life imitates art.
If it's not similar to this then it's irl school shootings. Bullying fucks people mentally can vouch for that personally.

Good thing I'm a shut in..

Users who are viewing this thread