Miwaku Shikake Amai Wana

RD

I stopped reading after the third chapter.
It gave me chills.
Bad opinion ahead (with spoilers):
Yeah, homophobic protagonist. We all know that's not cool and he was rude as heck. Even if he had those experiences he shouldn't be like that. Yeah, we all know.
BUT
It's not good either force him into having sex with a guy. You seriously gonna use his job against him? That's illegal my friend. So yeah, I know they treated it as a joke but MC has issues with homosexuality and forcing him into it is not gonna solve it either.
And just in case, I know he just jacked off but still, once you have to think wherever or not it was consented then it probably wasn't.

@RD Same. That story has very rapey undertones. I don't get why there's no sexual violence tag.

That "completed" status is really irritating. They clarly ended in the middle of a situation. How am I to know when the actual translation is done when the completed status doesn't indicate it?

Aggregator gang
this really needs a sexual violence tag for a few reasons:

1) mc seems to have experienced at least two incidents of rape/sexual harassment in the first two chapters alone (these are vague flashbacks that take up less than half a page)

2) mc is openly homophobic bc these incidents were done onto him by gay/queer men, but because he's openly homophobic a lot of the characters in the series ignore his claims bc they think he's being bigoted. when he most likely is just misplacing his trauma (he's villianizing queer men bc he's been repeatedly sexually harassed by queer men, the mc is really really really annoying and super homophobic, but i think the majority of his homophobia just stems from these traumas and if he was in an environment that took his rape seriously, then he wouldn't be THIS bad)

3) mc is sexually harassed by his client. when talking to his bosses about it his boss goes "but that's an important client we need him so you should have him squeeze your ass//touch you there" and "because you refused him (sexually) and defended yourself you're the reason why we need to fire people" and the bosses words// the mc's harassment is kinda played for laughs

4) the love interest of the mc just???? blackmails him into doing sexual services in order to keep his job???? no????

like this story has so many instances of sexual violence, systemic sexual violence it really perpetuates rape culture and allows it to continue bc the mc is a man and is homophobic and needs to get over it! excuse me???? that's not??? gonna solve anything? it totally ignores that men are victims of sexual assault. idk this really is not a story for me for many reasons. i only read the first two chapters so i don't think this is too spoilery, but if you want to get into this series just know that it needs a serious sexual violence tag to go with it.

The Completed tag refers to the official language release of the manga/webtoon etc. @k_no_uta not the scanlators releasing. Totally understandable to get confused though.

I totally agree with you @chanana. Hachidori is beyond problematic and there doesn't actually seem to be any redemption (though how one can redeem oneself after sexually assaulting another person... 🤢😶).

But dude is just the most
unlikeable character in the 2nd volume. There's nothing that endears you to him. It's almost like the MC has Stockholm syndrome... 🤔

Cos other than that I really can't understand WHY he puts so much effort to get Hachi's attention back.

Dude, after doing soooooo much horrid stuff, then CHEATS on him?!!! Like WTH? Then goes all caveman on him at the slightest bit of (overdue) rebellion [which is even faked] to get him back.

...Like 🤦🏻‍♀️ MC have some self respect.

RUN THE FUDGE AWAY! Dude is a major fudge boy!

...when you're only reading it to see how it ends 🥴🙄😔

Power Uploader
@k_no_uta I don't understand which part is confusing. It clearly says "pub(lishing) status" which means original release in its own country. We scanlators don't publish, we scanlate, you know. 😆

But yeah this part is confusing: Some people update series without accurate information. Searched so many Japan sources about this manga; I couldn't find any 2nd volume lol. Even 9th chapter is released in the magazine on June 27 in this year (where are those chapters 10-10.5?). I'm sure this one is STILL ongoing but I don't want any conflict with the updater so I won't change the info on here. 😁

PS: I don't like Libre using different colors in print and digital volume covers. 😞 And seems this manga sucks in last chapters lol. 😆

Thanks all of scanlators! 🤓

@kaichou-chan The confusing part is, that it doesn't seem to make too much sense to put that status up there while not making it well visible if the scan release process is completed or not. Though by now I figured there's an "End" note next to the last chapter title. But it's not something you encounter before you stumble over a completely scanned series. Most of mine were not completed so far, so it took a whole while to figure out how to see when I'm supposed to stop waiting for updates!

I have been a fan of the author for years and I'm not one to drop something for their problematic themes, but this manga it's too much. I can't stand anyone. The author treating all this cruelty like it's the normal thing to do... Also I remember that when I looked up this manga (on twitter I think) she wrote how she goes to the gay street of Tokyo to find inspiration for the stories. I don't know, it sound a little strange to me : /

It said "completed" but that is really the end? So many questions without answerssss 😵

Users who are viewing this thread