Mizu no Tomodachi Kappaman - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Time Bomb

I already knew how it ends because I was curious and looked after it but dang... it surely ends with closure but I don't think I like the idea of Kawatarou dying in the end, despite being for a good cause. It was too abrupt but given this manga was axed in Jump, can't be helped

It was a fine series overall. The comedy is a hit or miss sometimes and Tokuhiro wasn't at his best here in this aspect, but when a joke landed, it lands good. I like the characters, Mai and Kawatarou had a very fun chemistry together, and the action was fine too.

Thanks a lot for translating and sharing it with us! As one of the 5 or so western Tokuhiro Masaya fans, it really pleases me to see more from this guy translated.

Just read the whole series as this final chapter was posted. It was fun, the ending arc being aliens vs Yokai reminded me of Dandadan. I could see this being an inspiration.
The ending being everyone dies was pretty shocking. Mai doing her part to care for the Earth after the sacrifice of yokai despite humanity's pollution is nice. But overall a longer epilogue would have been preferable. I really wish we got a resolution to Kawataro and his mother's relationship. His reaction to her casting him aside and not seeming to care for him would have been interesting to further explore.

Dex-chan lover
I already knew how it ends because I was curious and looked after it but dang... it surely ends with closure but I don't think I like the idea of Kawatarou dying in the end, despite being for a good cause. It was too abrupt but given this manga was axed in Jump, can't be helped

It was a fine series overall. The comedy is a hit or miss sometimes and Tokuhiro wasn't at his best here in this aspect, but when a joke landed, it lands good. I like the characters, Mai and Kawatarou had a very fun chemistry together, and the action was fine too.

Thanks a lot for translating and sharing it with us! As one of the 5 or so western Tokuhiro Masaya fans, it really pleases me to see more from this guy translated.

Just read the whole series as this final chapter was posted. It was fun, the ending arc being aliens vs Yokai reminded me of Dandadan. I could see this being an inspiration.
The ending being everyone dies was pretty shocking. Mai doing her part to care for the Earth after the sacrifice of yokai despite humanity's pollution is nice. But overall a longer epilogue would have been preferable. I really wish we got a resolution to Kawataro and his mother's relationship. His reaction to her casting him aside and not seeming to care for him would have been interesting to further explore.
They're still alive, look who's behind Mai at the final panel in the end. Dunno about the tengu though, Maybe they did a Chars counterttack axis push in the end, I dunno.

Thanks for the translation, YakisobaCowboy, It's been a real treat for older manga fans like me, looking forward to your next project bro.

They're still alive, look who's behind Mai at the final panel in the end. Dunno about the tengu though, Maybe they did a Chars counterttack axis push in the end, I dunno.

Thanks for the translation, YakisobaCowboy, It's been a real treat for older manga fans like me, looking forward to your next project bro.
You know... not even I caught that LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread