MMOs With MD: What would *You* Play?

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus

If your interested in FFXIV there’s a lot to accomplish within the game. I’m not sure if you’ve played WOW before, so I do my best to explain some things. As I mentioned earlier the global cool down is slower but as you level up and gain more abilities you start to hardly notice it. The current level cap for characters is 80.

The data centers have the various server regions for the game. In addition pic and steam versions are different. If you have base game via pc do not purchase expansions via steam as they are incompatible. The same goes for steam purchases and the regular pc release.

As mentioned previously the job/classes are good. Feel free to try the freebie trial of the game. Try all the jobs out. IMO they are balanced. Some of the jobs (pre first expansion Heavens-ward) start out as a prerequisite class, but become a focused job once you reach a certain level and do the job quest. (I.E. marauder to warrior). The jobs that have come from Heavens-ward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers expansions don’t require prerequisite classes. As the developers have tried to step away from that method.

Here’s a link to the jobs and there abilities https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

I’ve tried most if not all the jobs. Each have their strengths, weaknesses and unique utility. I will have to say this though Blue Mage is different. That’s a job that learns abilities from monsters. So it doesn’t have a set rotation. But it learns some strange and amazing abilities such as missile, level 5 death, doom, toad oil, petrify, flamethrower, 1000 needles you get the point. So that job plays differently than the rest. Still fun though.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Xzayer
I'm still going back and forth. I would actually be ok with team-based games too like League of Legends, World of Tanks, or World of Warships. Thoughts on those?

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus

Sign me up, team based games are fine as well. I haven’t played League of Legends. But I’ve played MOBA style games beforehand. So I’m down for the list of games that you mentioned. I’ll download World of Tanks/World of Warships later tonight and see how it feels. Currently I’m open to any suggestions.

ESO seems like it would be fun to play as a guild, so i would be up for it. Also it is currently on sale on steam for 60%-67% off, which might increase how many people would play it.

Staff
Super Moderator
I re-downloaded World of Warships. Dang, I forgot how fun it is. The only bad thing is that you can't form a guild without Doubloons, which is a premium currency. =(

Staff
Super Moderator
@Xzayer
Anyone who is interested in World of Warships, I'd appreciate it if you clicked this link to get started: https://warships.us/Zephcemi

That's my name on there, btw, so feel free to friend me!

Dex-chan lover
Downloaded World of Warships and played a match or Two. Have to say it’s fun. I have to get over the learning curve but it’s enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread