Mob Douzen no Akuyaku Reijou wa Dansou Shite Kouryaku Taishou no Za o Nerau - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
This manga dares to answer the question What if Cecilia Sylvie was kind of ass?

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh i like fl a lot so far, also her drag king character is pretty dang good.

Thanks for the tl!

Edit: did she.... Influence the boys? All their hair is short when she said there were zero short haired love interests before 👀

Last edited:
with how she's narrating it she kinda sounds trans
i agree with you- usually cross-dressing manga doesn't have a character a) jump at the first chance to live as a man, b) think about their life and decide that they would be happiest living as a man, and c) explicitly say that they may not have been a girl in their previous life. It aligns so perfectly with positive trans stories about when you realized you were trans.

Dex-chan lover
So, a slightly less stupid (but still oblivious) bakarina who unknowingly seduces the entire cast?

Dex-chan lover
Man i'm sure there would be no problems with your alliance piece deciding to ruin it's purpose. Time to change the heir and make the boy marry some 60 year old hag then.
why do the crossdressing tags always have at least one of these
Because it's easier to take something.

Dex-chan lover
i agree with you- usually cross-dressing manga doesn't have a character a) jump at the first chance to live as a man, b) think about their life and decide that they would be happiest living as a man, and c) explicitly say that they may not have been a girl in their previous life. It aligns so perfectly with positive trans stories about when you realized you were trans.
pretty sure it's just because author just wanted everyone to be gay and found it funny to make the MC realize their life was so bad they cant even remember it...which is what was said

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure it's just because author just wanted everyone to be gay and found it funny to make the MC realize their life was so bad they cant even remember it...which is what was said
lmao did YOU read what was said?
image.png

Their past life was BLAND. An absolute Nothing burger. Akin to Rice Gruel.
It's not that their past life was so bad that they can't remember it, it's that they were UNFULFILLED.

Now, that can mean many things. It could even be that she was unfulfilled because there wasn't enough crossdressing in the past life. But it absolutely isn't a stretch to say that having a past life where you were unfulfilled living as a girl to then try out being a boy sounds like something a transgender person might experience, right? It's definitely not the only interpretation out there, but it's not especially outlandish.

Like sure, there's also the doyalist viewpoint: "The writer was just saying that to get to the crossdressing", but like.. at that point why even read any of the words? What else are they saying? How are they saying it? Are there any other ways that it can be interpreted?
All these questions and more can be answered once you learn some media literacy:lul:

Look, the reason why you keep seeing people reading crossdressing stories as trans is because there's overlap in the experiences. Broadly, a character enjoying dressing up in a way that doesn't confirm to the typical presentation of their gender can mean many things. But crossdressers and transgender folk alike absolutely share that common ground. Heck, in some stories, it can even just be about fashion! All of these different readings can coexist and bring joy to many people who see their own stories reflected in them. Turns out, different people can get different things out of the same words.

Like, ik longpost, :pacman: But also there is no reason to be so dismissive in a way that is also just, entirely wrong. smh didn't even get the crossdressing motivations right I sentence you to one million years of crossdressing studies, now put on the maid outfit!

Dex-chan lover
You. You understand.

With a past life that's mostly a blank slate, all we have at the moment to go off is speculation, and her actions directly afterwards. And like, there are a lot of ex-villainess manga out there that travel down the other routes of like, divorce, running away etc, and she just goes RIGHT into Welp, guess I gotta be a man now.

Entirely out of context, a panel like This:
image.png

Can absolutely be read as: Wow, it's so unfair that I'm treated like this just because I'm a girl. Even I could be like this if [I was a boy.... Egg crack moment, maybe..... Maybe I CAN be a boy!]

Especially when there's a considerable effort to present masculine, crossdress, even when the main cast is nowhere to be seen! Like she says, She's doing it to seduce the main character In Ten Years.
Like there's absolutely no reason for the main character to be doing this so early So Who is she doing this for if not herself?

Like, examining the other ML's shown off, there's also the game cover and various other previews, but especially looking at this shot, Only one of these fuckers has something even approaching long hair.
image.png

And even then!!! She also had the option of pretending to be a guy with long hair!! Yknow, supposedly like the other MLs??? She also didn't need to muscle train, or practice sword fighting, to the extent where she's not only stronger than her brother, but also her instructors??? Girl's goin all out to be a guy!!

image.png

That said, this line, ough. That panel absolutely lends itself to being read as trans. Given how it wasn't highlighted or a full scene, it's doubtful that the story's gonna go into it much past subtext, but there's 1000% enough textual evidence for a solid fic right there.

Also, with how the brother's supporting, also asking the father, i think he knows. Even if it turns out that she isn't explicitly transgender, I think regardless I will be moving forward with the idea that the brother thinks she is, and is just 10,000% supportive about it. That said, it's also interesting how the father's explicitly given his permission too

image.png

There's also the part where she focuses on being able to change herself but not others... But then on the very same page is also like, I can make it so that the heroine will change who she falls in love with! Which draws her motivations into question...
Until you remember that as part of her training she's reading romance novels and explicitly learning HOW TO SEDUCE GIRLS, HEROINE x VILLAINESS CONFIRMED BABY LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO
Can't wait for the inevitable dance scene where she leads, y'know, because she's learning that half of things

Also this line made me laugh
image.png
lmaoooo the maid just "Please don't call it that"

Dex-chan lover
lmao did YOU read what was said?
image.png

Their past life was BLAND. An absolute Nothing burger. Akin to Rice Gruel.
It's not that their past life was so bad that they can't remember it, it's that they were UNFULFILLED.

Now, that can mean many things. It could even be that she was unfulfilled because there wasn't enough crossdressing in the past life. But it absolutely isn't a stretch to say that having a past life where you were unfulfilled living as a girl to then try out being a boy sounds like something a transgender person might experience, right? It's definitely not the only interpretation out there, but it's not especially outlandish.

Like sure, there's also the doyalist viewpoint: "The writer was just saying that to get to the crossdressing", but like.. at that point why even read any of the words? What else are they saying? How are they saying it? Are there any other ways that it can be interpreted?
All these questions and more can be answered once you learn some media literacy:lul:

Look, the reason why you keep seeing people reading crossdressing stories as trans is because there's overlap in the experiences. Broadly, a character enjoying dressing up in a way that doesn't confirm to the typical presentation of their gender can mean many things. But crossdressers and transgender folk alike absolutely share that common ground. Heck, in some stories, it can even just be about fashion! All of these different readings can coexist and bring joy to many people who see their own stories reflected in them. Turns out, different people can get different things out of the same words.

Like, ik longpost, :pacman: But also there is no reason to be so dismissive in a way that is also just, entirely wrong. smh didn't even get the crossdressing motivations right I sentence you to one million years of crossdressing studies, now put on the maid outfit!
unfulfilling life is pretty bad, being so unfulfilling you cant even remember it is even worse so no...I'm still 100% right on her previous life and don't suffer a medial literacy deficiency like every one of these "trans are Ubermensch" types that pop up in the crossdressing tag

and last time I checked the reason trans people existed because they were suffering serious self image mental problems that led to self mutilation and the band aid solution was cosmetic surgery, not going "well, it's easier to turn everyone gay to not be killed"....

unless that definition no longer applies because certain groups like having more trans people for statistical/demographic reasons :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread