Mobile Suit MOON Gundam

unknown.png

Saphira is cute! CUTE!

As someone who watched Gundam ZZ and remembers how pointlessly dumb the Moon Moon sub-arc was, I'm amazed that they managed to craft a spinoff manga around Moon Moon that is actually good.

Let's hope it won't take another year for Zeonic to bring us the third book.

Well, Zeonic has translated volume 3, and it's available for download on their website, but since only members of Zeonic can upload chapters properly you'll just have to go there.

I just finished vol3 (it's on their website) and man I hope this gets a show or movie like Thunderbolt

Honestly, I'm not too much of a fan. The only character I somewhat like is the Zeon Newtype guy, who's name is mentioned surprisingly infrequently, and I've since forgotten. The inclusion of
Mineva
really just takes away from the show IMO since it seems to just cover a lot of the same ground as
Unicorn
. Most of all though that ending makes me way too way of them veering into Newtype magic BS. Overall it feels like it takes too much inspiration from Unicorn for my tastes. I will way however that the MS art is fantastic, and the MS designs themselves are as lovely as Ippei's designs usually are. I'm just glad the art actually backs up the good designs, unlike IBO Gekko.
I now see looking it up that the authors to this ARE credited for the manga adaption of Unicorn/NT, so I suppose it's not that surprising unfortunately.

Honestly, I'm not too much of a fan. The only character I somewhat like is the Zeon Newtype guy, who's name is mentioned surprisingly infrequently, and I've since forgotten. The inclusion of
Mineva
really just takes away from the show IMO since it seems to just cover a lot of the same ground as
Unicorn
. Most of all though that ending makes me way too way of them veering into Newtype magic BS. Overall it feels like it takes too much inspiration from Unicorn for my tastes. I will way however that the MS art is fantastic, and the MS designs themselves are as lovely as Ippei's designs usually are. I'm just glad the art actually backs up the good designs, unlike IBO Gekko.
I now see looking it up that the authors to this ARE credited for the manga adaption of Unicorn/NT, so I suppose it's not that surprising unfortunately.
The author for this manga is Haurotshi Fukui, who wrote the light novel series the Unicorn OVA was based on. He's credited with the Unicorn and Narrative manga, but he says he himself has no involvement in those beyond just saying yes to the illustrator's ideas. The Moon Gundam manga actually is written by him, and it's based on the original rejected draft for the Unicorn light novel series from 2006. The similarities to Unicorn are because this manga series is what the Unicorn novel series that inspired the OVA was supposed to be, only edited to remove some aspects from the original draft that directly overlap with Unicorn.

Users who are viewing this thread