Momose Akira no Hatsukoi Hatan-chuu. - Ch. 1.1 - All that page 20 handwriting scanlated

Group Leader
random TL notes (yes, for just one page. it was a lot of scribbles)

A takoyaki party is when you get a takoyaki grilling machine, a bunch of takoyaki batter, and a bunch of various ingredients and you hang out and make tasty junk food for a few hours.

"This year is crucial for success!" was "kono 1-nen ga shoubu", literally "this year is victory or defeat". Shoubu is the kanji for victory 勝 and the kanji for defeat 負 put together and generally connotes a situation where there's no middle ground between total success and utter failure. It pops up in other places like the word for gambler (shoubushi) and the old "lucky underwear" trope (shoubu shitagi).

The master checklist makes another appearance in chapter 3, so I threw in the note that appears in the spot where the text block was because I just thought it looked weird completely empty.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for translating all of that! It was really cute and also admirable seeing how committed she is to connecting with her crush, even without understanding what any of that said. Love how much she hypes herself up (and how supportive her friends are). She might want to work on her tone and expressions first though lol

Fed-Kun's army
This is cute. Enjoying this series thusfar, and efforts like this add to the enjoyment all the moreso. Thanks for your translation.

Dex-chan lover
Oh lord this is aggressively adorable and innocent.

I love her character already and hope for more failed scripts backfiring but at the same time habing better results than expected

Dex-chan lover
Bro my soul ain't made for something so pure and earnest I can feel it dragged down to hell in shame by the light this one page produced

Users who are viewing this thread