Mone-san no Majime Sugiru Tsukiaikata - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - School Trip 6

Dex-chan lover
I think what annoys me the most about this series is that it's a faux harem. Why go this direction if Mone, the girl he's dating, is going to win. Because the MC is a dude that would never cheat so like what is the point? To waste the reader's time.

Oh well at least the selection of girls here are more my type with the gloomy shortstack and submissive president. Why couldn't the author go with a legit harem end and have the MC be more aggressive in having multiple girls and working himself to charm all these ladies outside of the usual fantasy "nice guy" act that is so unrealistic. Would be more interesting.

Contributor
I think what annoys me the most about this series is that it's a faux harem. Why go this direction if Mone, the girl he's dating, is going to win. Because the MC is a dude that would never cheat so like what is the point? To waste the reader's time.

Oh well at least the selection of girls here are more my type with the gloomy shortstack and submissive president. Why couldn't the author go with a legit harem end and have the MC be more aggressive in having multiple girls and working himself to charm all these ladies outside of the usual fantasy "nice guy" act that is so unrealistic. Would be more interesting.
And to make it worse, Mone is the least interesting girl.

Dex-chan lover
A casualty of making this a faux harem with the winner already determined by the fact she's dating the MC. If the author had Mone be one of the girls vying for his attention she might've been given more character outside of MC's girlfriend. Or just not make it a harem and focus on the relationship of the two.

Faux harems are a stain in harem storytelling.

Dex-chan lover
A casualty of making this a faux harem with the winner already determined by the fact she's dating the MC. If the author had Mone be one of the girls vying for his attention she might've been given more character outside of MC's girlfriend. Or just not make it a harem and focus on the relationship of the two.

Faux harems are a stain in harem storytelling.
you can pretty much count on one hand the number of non-faux harems though, in pretty much all of them the winner is clear in chapter one

Dex-chan lover
you can pretty much count on one hand the number of non-faux harems though, in pretty much all of them the winner is clear in chapter one
I know and I despise it. Isekais would be a solution but the writing is so self-insert garbage unless the girl is my type I stay away. So hard to find harems that end as harems and make no excuses to stray away. Along with having a great MC that isn't a self-insert "nice guy". I'll continue my search but I will always bitch about faux harems.

Dex-chan lover

Or Idk They Could Do A Multiple Endings Like They Did In "We Never Learn" where mc goes out with a different girl depending on the timeline. 'Cause Yeah I feel the same ngl, Mone is Bland. Not really interesting compared to the others which are way more likeable thanks to them not being "the perfect gf portrait" Wich actually make them more similar to actual real peoples lol

Dex-chan lover
Or Idk They Could Do A Multiple Endings Like They Did In "We Never Learn" where mc goes out with a different girl depending on the timeline. 'Cause Yeah I feel the same ngl, Mone is Bland. Not really interesting compared to the others which are way more likeable thanks to them not being "the perfect gf portrait" Wich actually make them more similar to actual real peoples lol
fuck we never learn, an author should at least have the balls to end their own series

Dex-chan lover
the fact that the only harem member that isnt pefectly my type is the athletic girl says a lot about the character choice. good job author

Dex-chan lover
I agree, this would've worked better if it was just the protagonist and Mone. Having multiple girls when the protagonist is in a relationship since the first chapter is pointless since nothing can happen with them and only leads to lots of brokem hearts.

Dex-chan lover
The fuck. Hotel room at 400 000 japanese yen per night ‽ That's, like, 26 591 Norwegian kroner. Insane.
Eh, if you do USD it's not even $2500 (or was, not sure with current inflation) which isn't a bad deal for such a hotel room; if you compare the price to US big-name hotels, you could get 2 regular rooms for that amount but it's nowhere near what you can expect to be paying for a penthouse suite like that, you'd be paying somewhere in the ballpark of 10x as much.

Dex-chan lover
fuck we never learn, an author should at least have the balls to end their own series
The route ending is such bullshit. It was interesting at the time because it wasn't common practice then. Still is fairly rare. But I think it's for cowards. It feels bad honestly. Koi to Uso did it too and I didn't like that either. Though I think Domestic Girlfriend could have salvaged a shred of dignity from using a route ending, I respect the author for sticking to their story. But I blabbered on too much. In the end, pseudo harems like route harems suck ass.

TLDR: I think route endings are for cowards who are indecisive. Go full harem or choose someone.

Dex-chan lover
She's getting the least screen time, and thus the least development, because the author needs to create more scenarios for the MC in an established relationship to toe the line to cheating as closely as possible.

Dex-chan lover
I agree, this would've worked better if it was just the protagonist and Mone. Having multiple girls when the protagonist is in a relationship since the first chapter is pointless since nothing can happen with them and only leads to lots of brokem hearts.

That's what it looked to be at first. Unfortunately--perhaps due to editorial influence--the author chose to stuff the Mob Squad into the story shortly after the beginning. Every single one of them bears some kind of paraphilic appeal, and that sort of thing is indeed popular today; perhaps that's why. Accordingly, none of them have a real purpose in this story aside from trying to force themselves between Mone and Nobuyasu. The fact that Nobuyasu isn't budging is a testament to that and what the story was supposed to be in the first place.

That said, Mone herself is of a type that has become unpopular--at least among the most vocal of manga readers and and participants in related hobbies. (And, perhaps, in Japan as well--in general.) Mone is a feminine and femininely beautiful (in the physical sense) girl--both of these traits are, at the very least, discouraged by manga editors across the board: there is a reason that you almost never see a girl like Mone as the lead in a story, and if you do, she's guaranteed to face trouble like her "friends" in this story.

Contrary to a rather frequently voiced opinion in the threads of this manga, Mone is in fact the best girl: she is the most beautiful in a general sense and without appealing to specific "tastes", she's amiable and generally sweet, and--importantly and contrary to that last one--possesses no character traits you'd have to be a fetishist to like. Every member of the Mob Squad is an inversion of this; that they're so liked makes sense, as your average modern person has been trained well to lust after ugly things--including sociopathic behavior.

EDIT: There is one thing I forgot: each member of the Mob Squad is of a type that features prominently in many manga; there's no shortage of female leads like each of them, even successful ones in romantic competitions. This is the case, but people read this manga (with Mone on the cover initially, and her name in the title) anyway and complain about Mone's existence; given how people are today, it does send a message about the status quo.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's what it looked to be at first. Unfortunately--perhaps due to editorial influence--the author chose to stuff the Mob Squad into the story shortly after the beginning. Every single one of them bears some kind of paraphilic appeal, and that sort of thing is indeed popular today; perhaps that's why. Accordingly, none of them have a real purpose in this story aside from trying to force themselves between Mone and Nobuyasu. The fact that Nobuyasu isn't budging is a testament to that and what the story was supposed to be in the first place.

That said, Mone herself is of a type that has become unpopular--at least among the most vocal of manga readers and and participants in related hobbies. (And, perhaps, in Japan as well--in general.) Mone is a feminine and femininely beautiful (in the physical sense) girl--both of these traits are, at the very least, discouraged by manga editors across the board: there is a reason that you almost never see a girl like Mone as the lead in a story, and if you do, she's guaranteed to face trouble like her "friends" in this story.

Contrary to a rather frequently voiced opinion in the threads of this manga, Mone is in fact the best girl: she is the most beautiful in a general sense and without appealing to specific "tastes", she's amiable and generally sweet, and--importantly and contrary to that last one--possesses no character traits you'd have to be a fetishist to like. Every member of the Mob Squad is an inversion of this; that they're so liked makes sense, as your average modern person has been trained well to lust after ugly things--including sociopathic behavior.

EDIT: There is one thing I forgot: each member of the Mob Squad is of a type that features prominently in many manga; there's no shortage of female leads like each of them, even successful ones in romantic competitions. This is the case, but people read this manga (with Mone on the cover initially, and her name in the title) anyway and complain about Mone's existence; given how people are today, it does send a message about the status quo.
Hmmm I don't even hate Mone but the problem isn't that she's feminine and beautiful in the traditional sense is her problem. The problem is that she has no character arc personal to her. All the other girls go through some type of arc that shows them being a better person or understanding themselves better whether that be accepting themselves, finding a new interest, or fixing a character flaw. Mone goes through none of that. She's boring because she's given no character.

I think your analysis of her being best girl and the reason she's the least liked is incorrect. The reason she's the least liked is because she doesn't go through any basic character arc or has any character traits that are interesting outside of the basic appeal of the usual good feminine girl.

Like my interest in Tasogare (Gloomy shortstack) has nothing to do solely with her personality it's more a combination of both her looks and personality. The fact that she's pushed to be a better person as president and be more outgoing is a character arc that she goes through. Same with Asahina (Tomboy). She comes to accept herself as a tomboy and admits she has feelings for the MC. Kagerou (Shy girl) is trying to get better at speaking so she can confess to the MC. Yuuhin (Vice Pres) slowly develops an interest into the MC because of the feeling he gave her of putting her in her place. Every character goes through some type of arc that changes them in some way that makes them more interesting to look at compared to Mone who doesn't change at all. If Mone tried to make her relationship public with the MC and make that desire known that would definitely make her more interesting. Like seeing MC interact with all the girls makes her uncomfortable and jealous because they're touching her man and she puts up with it till it's too much and she snaps. That would be a character arc that would make her interesting than what she is now. Sure jealousy is "ugly" but having a character be jealous is not a bad thing especially when it comes to relationship they hold dear.

I think your analysis that people want ugliness because they were trained to like it or lust after it is wrong. People like that ugliness because it's interesting. Like personally speaking I'd like a girl like Mone in real life but I'd love a girl like Tasogare much more because she's just cuter because of her looks, personality, and flaws. She's the type of girl I would definitely help be a better person if she was real and were dating. She has flaws but she like any human is trying to solve them.

At the end of the day people want interesting characters. Whether that comes from ugliness or not does not matter. You can have her be the girly girl and still be interesting. Mone just isn't interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread