Monokuro Limit - Ch. 5

Group Leader
Man I wish there was an extra of Mashiro with his maria-Rui, I would have liked to see that side too, even just a little bit...

this is really reminiscent of a black mirror episode. what i’m gathering is that this “maria” software essentially has access to every citizen’s public records, phone logs, social media, etc. etc., and uses this to match the user with an android version of its most compatible partner. so that’s why rui got a boy even tho he typed in he wanted a girl with big boobs lol. there’s a time limit bc the software wants u to go find the real thing, and that’s why the android reassured the user “we’ll meet again”. pretty cool but also super freaky concept. ur android self could be in someone’s household as we speak.!

Well, that didn't end as I expected it to at all lol but it was still super cute!! I just wish we could read about Mashiro and Rui getting to know each other better and accommodating each other's lifestyles and needs since both of them were with "different people" in a way.

And @grasss totally nailed the concept! Looking at it that way, it does make way more sense and makes the concept so much clearer lol

Contributor
Okay, I am not okay with this ending. The androids never get to be with who they want? They just get shut down, and the humans live happily ever after?

You can argue that they were just A.I.s with no feelings but that sure didn't seem to be the narrative... o_o;

I'm pretty mad at the author now XD

Hmmmmmm..... I wonder if the author intended this ending in one chapter. I think it would have made more sense if we can see scenes of how Mashiro and Rui are compatible with each other because of their experiences with Maria. I think this manga fell short for me.

I'd like to think the androids find eachother in the digital world the way the human versions found eachother? So confusing I wanted happy endings for everyone, I was kinda hoping it would be like an introvert who plays the android or something and ends up revealing himself as the "android" but indeed a real person... I jus confused myself...

Users who are viewing this thread