Monster no Goshujin-sama - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

A bit of an explanation explanation about the "Path" and some speculation about MC's cheat under the spoiler, it may not be that good since I read this part of the LN some time ago

So the MC here has the power to "control" monsters, but he can't just control any monster, since his cheat is very specific.

Later on there should be an explanation about how there are some special monsters like the White Arachne who can live long lives and develop consciousness, and they become what could be considered the peak of that monsters race.

Something that comes from the light novel is that the path that connects the MC with the monsters he controls, and the controlled monsters is not only a two way street, it can transmit their emotions to the others. In fact, they are defeating the White Arachne using their emotions to overwhelm her, and they needed to be this close together because the path has a very limited range.

Now my speculation: I think the MC has the ability to control these kind of monsters, and Lily and Rose are these kind of monsters. I also think that these kind of special monsters are all female and can create off-spring, but that is to be seen, since one of the monster that is going to be joining the MC's harem is an undead.

And here some speculation about Katou:

I actually think that Katou's cheat ability has something to do with her eyes, since in this chapter of the LN Katou stares down the White Arachne and in general whenever Katou is described there's a great focus on her eyes.

It wouldn't really surprise me if Katou ends up turning into a monster, maybe as a medusa or similar monster, and joins the MC's harem.

Contributor
Apparently the slime forgets how to fight as a slime. At that range and with the spider restrained Lily should have flowed into her nose and mouth and suffocated the spider until blacked-out or dead.

Thanks for the translation, top notch work.

This scene is REALLY different from the books without all the internal monologues. Shit goes on for pages XD

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 good thing for spiderwaifu that doesn't seem to have been the objective.

Also, I'm pretty sure Katou's not speaking gibberish, but it's going over my head.

Something I kind of forgot about MC's cheat, under the spoiler:

Depending on how conscious the monster seems to be it's how far away they can be from the MC before he becomes their master.

Just like how the White Arachne didn't appear to be anywhere near the MC yet he becomes his master, less conscious monsters like Lily and the undead I mentioned before, need to be really close to him to become part of the MC's harem.

For example Lily was not only touching the MC when he became her master, IIRC, she had already started to dissolve his arm.

And on how Lily is a special monster:

While there haven't been that many slimes in the story until where I read (vol 2 chapter 31), I think Lily isn't just any other slime, but some kind of Mimic Slime, who can take skills and even transform into the monster she has consumed, like Rimoru from Slime Tensei

Dex-chan lover
This is like when you capture a level 80 pokemon but you just have 2 gym badges, it belong to you but it won't listen to you.

Dex-chan lover
@comradeprozac Yeah that it's correct!
Lilly is a mimic slime since she can take the form of a lizard (i believe in chapter 2?), so anything she eats can be copied

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks : Basically
Their plan is basically to get Lily and Rose next to MC, and show the Arachne that she...'misunderstood' a fundamental thing.

The arachne thought that as long as she have him near her, she can enjoy her life with her newfound self-awareness.
But Lily and Rose showed her what joy they felt from a mutual relationship with the MC.

Which basically cause the arachne to have existential crisis because:
1. After all that she's done, the MC might reject, or even outright hate her now, denying her the joy of that mutual loving relationship
2. All of it was her own fault

It's extra painful probably because she only is able to understand all these because of his power, but without his power she'd still be just another monster that lives on instinct without self-awareness.
She can't turn back, and now her future might've been destroyed by her own hands.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat: Yeah, that's the impression that I got from reading this chapter. Glad to see that I got it more or less spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread