Mother's Contract Marriage - Vol. 1 Ch. 27

Why did he respond with "I'm not sure" when the answer was "no"? She absolutely should have yelled at him for being a vague idiot, but that response goes from being vague to just outright being purposely misleading - and why would he even do that? Was it really socially awkward stupidity?
In another translated version of this story told in a different medium, he instead says "Who knows?" which is a much more deliberately aggravating, mysterious statement that in this context has a negative meaning in the vein of "Maybe I did use you as bait, maybe I didn't", and is the reason our heroine got up in arms about the Emperor to not do that.

Fed-Kun's army
Why did he respond with "I'm not sure" when the answer was "no"? She absolutely should have yelled at him for being a vague idiot, but that response goes from being vague to just outright being purposely misleading - and why would he even do that? Was it really socially awkward stupidity?
I'd guess he wants to keep him at arm's length to "make him strong" or something. Given that the guard called him an "Emperor of unknown origins" I'd guess he was a bastard or something and grew up fairly isolated himself.

Dex-chan lover
MAN. A little dragons roar... and a little kittens ferocious scream. The way he held that sharpened stick, ready to try and kill an adult with a sword for his new little sister reminds me of her crouched in the carrage, ready to scream and claw at a threat. And thank god she made the Emperor cough up a direct answer instead of some dumb "well it'll make you Stronger not to trust me" shit.

Users who are viewing this thread