Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Ch. 14.1

Dex-chan lover
Why dose Serena looks surprised at the end?
I'm sure they'll explain it next chapter, but I imagine it's because publiclly annulling an engagement like this is pretty classless and is going to drag the name of her house through the mud. Also it was an agreement between their families, I don't think it's something the prince should be able to cancel himself due to the political consequences

Dex-chan lover
This may be one of the few rare times where a prince annulling his engagement is justified, but seriously, do they always have to do it in front of everyone?
Public humiliation.
Terrible thing, since it practically label the victim as "okay to bully". They want their enemy to be stripped and destroyed, to make the trauma as deep as possible.

There is a logic, tho lost to time by now, to it. Essentially, the princes don't actually have the power to annul their engagements, those were set up by their parents, the sovereigns. But make a public commotion of it with rumours abounds, it would undermine the royal authority and cause an even bigger scandal, if the monarch then revoked the revoking.
Rumours (which nobody knows the original source) is still okay, but this kind public stunt out of nowhere is too risky for him.

Rosemary might be commoner born, but she's still legally the daughter of a duke's family.
Nobles don't like losing face, and if we disregard the Violets not having much allies in this story, picking a fight against a high ranked nobility is picking a fight against their whole political faction. Einrich being from the royal family (means not one of the nobles) made him need to watch his steps even more carefully.

Also, even if he fulfilled his objective to cancel the engagement (and pressure his father to approve it because of the public opinion), the nobles already see a member of the royal family breaking a deal unilaterally without any room to talk. That would hurt their trust and loyalty to the royal family. Like, every one of them must have a dirt on themselves. Who to say the royal family wouldn't suddenly bring it up as pretext to play the righteous one.

The wise move would have been to already gather support from many nobles before executing, so he will have people backing him. Or better, discuss it with his father first so the adults can make the necessary arrangements. Dealings are done behind closed doors, the signing is just public display.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Holy shet. Annulled already before a year. Damn son, speed running to doom I see.

What's next? Civil war in 2 weeks? Beheading of the monarchy after a month?

Either way, it's going to be a headache for Serena and Prince Evan as they are going to need a massive amounts of cleaning products and tools to fix this cluster fuck.

Dex-chan lover
Serena will save her sister won't she? :pepehmm:
I wouldn't put it past her. For the same reason she didn't already kill her. Because the whole thing will make her mother sad if she doesn't fix it. And it'll also drag their house's reputation down.

My guess is Serena publicly takes her side and salvages the situation. Rosemary being the idiot that she is thinks Serena suddenly likes her. Then as soon as they're in private she tortures the fuck out of her for causing the situation to begin with, and makes Rosemary's life a living hell (probably physically with her chained up for a few days and beat within an inch of her life, but kept alive because it would make Mom sad if she killed her).

Dex-chan lover
Will we finally see story progression? We have been stuck at petty bullying for so many chapters.

If that guy actually ask to change his fiancée from Rosemary to Serena in private with the basis of this rumor I think he will get better chance. Making it public this way I think will make him lost any chance to be with Serena as it means already breaking the engagement, not just changing it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, hey, the Engagement Annulment scene, but it actually makes sense for once.

It's always a fun time when we get to see Rosemary suffer the consequences of her dumbass actions.

Dex-chan lover
Did... Did we just witness a condemnation event?
On a more serious note, I'd feel bad for Rosemary if she wasn't such a vile piece of shit. She never even tried to actually get along with Serena, from the very beginning she only thought how to screw her over.

Rosemary:
  • A Duke's (adopt) daughter ☑️
  • A Prince's fiance ☑️
  • A brat who think they can get away with anything ☑️
  • Someone who bully and harm their step adopt-sister ☑️
  • Got condemnation event ☑️
Well, I guess the villainess tag in this manga belong to Rosemary.

Why dose Serena looks surprised at the end?
My guess is because Serena don't think that Einrich will actually broke the engagement for 'petty' reason like bullying. Just like in previous chapter when she think there's no reason for Evan to worry about her when people not watching. To Serena, her relationship with the princes is pure political and as long as it don't effect the Duke Family, there's no need for her to mend things with them. So she doesn't understand why the princes haven't thinking the same things as her.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand the annoying prince is no longer MC's future in-law, on the other hand I feel like Rosemary still gonna nag Serena about it like its completely because of Selena's fault

Dex-chan lover
Welp the condemnation event happened. This version might complicate things though.

Serena’s stuff gets destroyed constantly. Rosemary gets the condemnation event. Rosemary objects saying it’s Serena’s fault somehow? Everyone else points out Serena didn’t do anything. Serena might do the objection and the defense “only the parents can annul the engagement” to stop this while taking some kind of neutral stance? Einrich and crowd might be in shock? while explaining they’re doing it for Serena’s sake. After that ???

To be honest once I saw Serena’s stuff getting destroyed this condemnation event was gonna happen soon. But as someone who read the WN the progression of events in the manga has gotten me interested due to the differences.

On a different note, finally Serena said it to Rosemary. And I hope Serena’s dad gets more appearances in the manga soon.

Funnily enough, it's slightly mentioned every so often in the novel. It's not even a main thing there either. It comes up nonchalant, like if it was just someone brushing teeth.
Serena is fulfilling a stock archetype, the same archetype as Yor in Spy X Family, and Aria in Heroine Survival.

Users who are viewing this thread