Moto Isekai Tenisha datta Kachou no Ojisan, Jinsei Nidome no Isekai wo Kake Meguru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.9

Group Leader
I believe, last time I looked, they were translated by other teams and not put on MangaDex. But I seem to remember they had translation or typesetting issues?

Dex-chan lover
Just seeing this gives me aids, a chapter split into goddamn 10 pieces... FRICKING TEN!
I can NEVER understand how this can fly, EVER. I don't even want to read this just bc of this! And this is supposed to be fucking entertainment. All I see a major hassle to read and zero immersion.
Christ, just combine it all into a single chapter...

Dex-chan lover
The polish of proofreading and editing is an important step which should never be dismissed. Thank you for the work you put in, and not simply copy-pasting softwarespeak.

Hey everyone, to reply to some of your questions:
Chapters 1 & 2 were already translated by other groups but they didn't add it to MangaDex and prohibit others from uploading in their name.

.8 and .9 finish off Chapter 3, so 4 is next. I'm still not very confident in my ability to parse things through two different, equally braindead translation softwares, but I'll continue to do what I can. Next time I have some night shifts at work I should be able to make progress.

I'm sorry to hear that breaking a chapter into so many pieces makes you dislike it. Personally, I was glad that Fukukaichou-san at least did 3 up to .7 for us to enjoy. Once I get started on 4, I can see how quickly I can make progress, but no promises.

And thanks for the praise. It is very hard to comprehend just what is meant at times. I had to go back several pages at one point to fix what I thought was a minor detail that could be scrubbed from the text but had to be kept in. You live and learn.

Dex-chan lover
I feel the absolute need to point out that even if "Group A" translates "Chapter #" it does not mean that "Group X, Y, or Z" CANNOT translate the same chapter (for better or worse). Particularly when "Group A" disallows uploads beyond their own designated sites (such as an Ad supported group owned website, or a Patreon paywall), or if they didn't do a decent job at it.
In fact, I would otherwise ENCOURAGE other groups to translate these chapters and upload to Mangadex. If not simply to do a better job, then in spite of the restrictions of the other group.
If "Group A" complains about "similarities" between translations (and "Group X, Y, or Z" didn't explicitly rip off the translation) then simply replying that they got the same result in translating from Japanese to English would suffice. If "Group A" persists that (other group) didn't have a right (for any reason) to do the translation or other work on the same chapter, simply responding either: "Legally, neither did you (or prove you have permission from the publisher/Mangaka)" or "Then sue us, meet us in court and explain why you have the right to translate this in the first place." would suffice.

tldr: I don't see why other groups are afraid to translate chapters just because they have been done before, especially if that translation isn't on Mangadex (or other similarly accepted websites). ESPECIALLY when some groups are still translating chapters when the entire series is licensed in their language...

Dex-chan lover
And, as an aside as well as another post, I feel that I must say that I originally assumed that THIS was the newly uploaded chapter, not the one (the first chapter) that is doing exactly as I suggested.
I feel a little stupid now... But, my point stands...

Users who are viewing this thread