Moto Yuusha wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Ch. 10 - The Hero Invites to Dinner

Dex-chan lover
Ah
stupid hero,
typical japanaese Protag : "i dOnT waNT tO bE inVolVEd bcOz KiLLinNG iS wROnG"
even you dont want involved with the coup d etat,
sooner or later, the wave gonna hit your village you hold dear, and the shitty people from your kingdom will target your friends

Dex-chan lover
i guess it is hard to help without taking credit since ppl will quick realise who he are most likely if he does even if the guy too knows the royal family is trash.

Dex-chan lover
"I don't wanna be involved with your war"
"But this kingdom we're about to fight will possibly threaten your glorious slow life in this village in the future"
"Do I look like I have the brain to think that far ahead?"

Yeah that sounds about right. Dude needs to see his village turned to ash, with all his friends and relatives killed, before he finally takes an action :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Ah
stupid hero,
This shit right there. Yet he didn't bat an eye when he genocided the demons.
He doesn't care about the people he fought for, now suffering uder the unjust rule.
Just indulging in his perfect slow life personally created by the Goddess. I mean, she told him to go to his village and it was just in time to meet all his haremettess. He's literally "good" version of Gudal (or wahtever his name was)
I'm hoping that Holy Queen and the Prince will speedrun the coup just like this series speedruns it's plot.

MD@Home
Considering all the people, assassins included, getting involved with them are becoming allies, they might grow pretty formidable.

Dex-chan lover
I do agree with everyone else about MC being a dumbass.

But I can also see it from his perspective.

When you stop and think about it, he's done his bit for king and country. And now? Now he'd just rather wash his hands of it all. Fuck you, get off ma lawn, don't come 'round here no more.

And granted, while he has the blessings of the Goddess... I strongly suspect that she's been secretly paving the way for him to, if not take revenge, then at least denounce the people who took credit for his achievement.

And I'm pretty sure that this is what the Goddess wants. Because, stop and consider: her own freakin' Saintess has gone against her. Her very own soldier against the darkness, committing blasphemy and treachery against Her.

(It worries me somewhat that the Saintess is supposedly already pregnant. The words "Cursed Seed" come to mind, and I'd hate to see what that poor kid's life will be like if that's the case.)

All that said...

One of my favorite authors, Diane Duane, likes to do little 'flavor text' quotations from the setting of her Young Wizards series. (Great series of books, BTW. If you love modern fantasy plus science fiction, as well as characters who just jump right off the pages at you, then this is your read.)

One such quote for the third novel in the series, High Wizardry goes like this...

Those who refuse to serve the Powers,
become the tool of the Powers.

Those who agree to serve the Powers,
Themselves become the Powers.

Beware the choice! Beware refusing it!

I get the sneaking suspicion that it's gonna be like that for MC. The Goddess may have said he could go ahead and reclain his village, but she never said anything about sitting on his ass the whole time. And now she's whacking him over the head with a clue-by-four by having the holy queen of the theocracy that venerates Her come straight to his door and say, "Get in, loser. We're going to war."

And just to clarify things, here's the relevant text from the Flame Scans translation of Chapter 1:

Goddess: "...What do you plan to do from now on?"
MC: "To be honest, I can't think of anything right now. Until my emotions calm down, I want to live a peaceful life."
Goddess: "Well then! You should first return to your home town and think of your future actions."

MC, you have had plenty of time to cool off. You have your happy home, full of friends and loved ones. And now, the time has come once again to protect what you love.

Are you going to become the Goddess's tool? Or are you gonna become her agent?

Dex-chan lover
"I don't wanna be involved with your war"
"But this kingdom we're about to fight will possibly threaten your glorious slow life in this village in the future"
"Do I look like I have the brain to think that far ahead?"

Yeah that sounds about right. Dude needs to see his village turned to ash, with all his friends and relatives killed, before he finally takes an action :facepalm:
Here's another one "the people of the kingdom are suffering and are slowly going to starve to death at this rate due to the goddess's blessing being lost, please help us take down the king".
MC: "don't wanna leave home".
"but countless innocent people are suffering..."
MC: "but i want to live in peace".

MC is borderline coming off as a villain here.

Dex-chan lover
With how quickly this story is progressing and with how many allies he's gathering in such quick succession the royals could be in trouble by chapter 25 lol. Here's hoping they're out sooner rather than later

Dex-chan lover
The MC literally doesn't even have to leave the village for more than a day but show up claim the prince is a liar and ohko him then everyone will do it themselves so the king, prince, saintess, and male warrior all get screwed for their actions

Dex-chan lover
You can keep your village and live in peace, but unless you become the lord of the area in the next kingdom, your enemies are gonna keep coming back to trample your peace! There is a time and place for Swiss Neutrality, and this is not it!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah
stupid hero,
even you dont want involved with the coup d etat,
sooner or later, the wave gonna hit your village you hold dear, and the shitty people from your kingdom will target your friends
And he already said that when that happens he is going to defend his village

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe his reasoning for not helping is "I have good food here and I like to see people smiling", and they actually accepted that as plausible! LOLOLOL
I guess he (the " hero") doesn't care since he can't SEE the residents not smiling due to the corrupt royal family and HIS OWN former teammates. In my eyes he is just as complicit.

Users who are viewing this thread