Mujang

Double-page supporter
the mc wasnt smart and was too trusting and let everyone control him. The same plot points and actions keeps getting repeated, and its mostly the same characters or roles doing it. Fights are super long, a lot of questionable stuff happened and the ending is not good.

Hello everyone! If you are looking for a shonen with a standard formula: weak MC, a bit stronger enemy, gets beated to death, sudden power up and then we repeat the cycle until that person is the strongest, then this one is definitely for you. But after 10-12 th time it happened, I think it is way overused.

It is very enjoyable until chapter 100-120. So, I d rate it 9/10. After it I would give it 4/10 at best.

But if you really think about it, MC at the last stage could beat 10 000+ chapter 1 MCs and not even break a sweat.

The ending was good imo. The author was trying to align the story with history.
the mongol invasion continued for a long time with multiple campaigns to subdue goreyo. Making kwon fight continuosly will only make the story stray away from the historical events.

Although the ending was rushed and anticlimactic, the author tried their best to keep it relatively historically accurate
with yoon hu killing the mongolian general like in real history.
What i think the author could've done better was emphasize the impact. Korea was able to retain a sense of cultural and administrative independence because of their fierce fighting. I think they were trying to portray this feeling with the last chapter, but the excution couldve been better

Overall 7.5/10

This is my review of mujang and so as not to diswade people due to spoilers it will all be marked as spoiler
Story:

Story overall is very lack lustering. it comes to a point in time where its just constantly repeating of the same niche things. people dont learn their lessons. nor have any sense of progression other than the very same stale ideals that one must backstab one another to get what they want or that anyone can become an emperor given enough time.

Or simply the fact that everyone seems to betray kwon at any given moment. ontop of the weird and clearly rushed progression compared to <110 chapters you can see that it just expedentially takes off in terms of time. and given whats happened in the last chapter. the entire conclusion is disapointing. yet another time skip and it all boils down to just yet another dissapointing time skip. sure the symbolisim of like father like son in that his son has now learned his martial arts and ki training etc. but overall its made me rethink why i continued to read to the end for this manwha!

Art Style:

Overall its okey. its nothing fantastic but also nothing horrible. it gets hard visually identifying certain side characters but other than that not bad and not great so average!

Overall:

Personally form my POV, this series is a very generous 5/10 at best, not horrible and not great but just..... meh!

if youre board. sure read away, but if youre wanting to seriously give this a go, Just know there will come at certain points past 110 chapters your just skipping and quickly glancing at pictures because its like a dull story on repeat majority of the time.

The mc was stupid. With "I will kill everyone who stay at my way" mind he just rush at everyone without thinking. Armor plot is saved him like >10 times. Stupider only his crush who useless but always try come to hot spot

Users who are viewing this thread