Multiverse no Watashi, Koishite Ii desu ka? - Ch. 1 - Two of Myself

Supporter
I get the feeling this is just going to be a contrived tragic romance, as opposed to a story that delves into a bit of detail about multiverse and time travel works in order to solve their problem. Please, I just want another Steins;Gate. S;G 0 was bad.

Fed-Kun's army
What kind of moronic, incompetent teacher makes a student grade tests?
Nah, it's pretty standard thing where I'm from too. They give the kid/s the "answer key" then have them grade those tests based on it.

Dex-chan lover
Its only been q chapter ill give it more time, but honestly this feel too cliche, i prefer the one shot ver

Dex-chan lover
The oneshot was better
It was a somewhat complete story. This is only the first chapter of a new serialization, so things probably had to be changed a bit to make sense. I say give it time to see what the future brings.

Dex-chan lover
I am pretty sure that the alt universe short hair version one is lying about being his GF, and that she is just saying that as wishful thinking after losing her world's MC.

She would not travel to another world to save him if her world's MC was ok.
She is definitely lying about that (and probably also constantly repeating the same lies to herself because otherwise she'd have to admit “my beloved is already dead and will stay dead despite all this timeline interference” and then feel all the pain), but at least she's not entirely like Gasai Yuno about her other self / rival.

Dex-chan lover
Please, I just want another Steins;Gate. S;G 0 was bad.
I believe that it is indeed possible to compare the premise of “Multiverse no Watashi, Koishite Ii desu ka?” with “Steins;Gate”, but only with the one specific part of “Steins;Gate”.

The beginning of Suzuha's route.

The protagonist has to choose between a very ordinary girl (who he is very fond of) and the other girl (that came from the future to help him and to create a new better timeline).

The protagonist cannot choose and then he starts delaying his choice for much much longer than he should have.

We'll probably see the same in “Multiverse no Watashi, Koishite Ii desu ka?”

Supporter
I believe that it is indeed possible to compare the premise of “Multiverse no Watashi, Koishite Ii desu ka?” with “Steins;Gate”, but only with the one specific part of “Steins;Gate”.

The beginning of Suzuha's route.
What made S;G dynamic as a story was that the MC actually interferes with the world lines. What made it actually fascinating was that Okabe performs experiments to understand the limitations of the machine, actually confronts a moral problem with changing the past, and uses that human-bending power despite knowing what horrible consequences it can have. That’s both engineering fiction (which is extremely rare) and a high-stakes emotional story.

If someone starts fading out of existence in this story, it will feel contrived (like in the S;G movie). If not, then the only stakes are that of any romance story, that the love triangle has to collapse. Only if they invoke the time travel / multiverse travel plot device can they reach another world line and fix the love triangle, which is a perfect opportunity both to nicely resolve the plot, and fill in the backstory behind the multiverse bullshit to make it less contrived, and make one of those cool cyclic plots like sending okabe back in time to make the world lines line up again. If we’re lucky we get an engineering plot too, but I’m not holding my breath.

There’s also the possibility of the harem end, where both girls accept each others presence in their relationship with the MC. At that point you might as well invoke multiverses again to get a bunch of variations of the heroine. Including the trap, because her mom ate extra protein in that dimension.

Dex-chan lover
Adding to the echo chamber that the one shot was better. The new dilemma is just boring junk that reeks of an editor trying to pad out issues when the answer is clearly take both instead of us getting right to the juicy drama that got this story serialized in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
This could go 2 possible ways, either the MC actually choose one universe (most likely his own), or it will be the 'i will find another way' type of story. I am tired of the latter and i really like the former, because how the story could try to make a case about each universe and how the story portray the MC character development would reflect on his ultimate choice.

Don't get me wrong, both ways has its unique way of telling the story, but i like the first possibility since i like my Slice of life Romcom with a tinge of drama

Dex-chan lover
i read the oneshot and happy with how it ended, elated when the serialization starts, but now suddenly MC's decision will doom either one of the heroine wutthehell.

Lowkey hoping both girls can be happy just like in
Kin no Kanojo, Gin no Kanojo

Can someone please explain what happened? And what do they mean that one of them doesn't exist? Also, if jogo was to choose one does the negative effect happen to them?

Fed-Kun's army
"dies, disappears..." same difference. What a lame shoehorn for drama and stakes. Why not just build off the ending of the one shot where both version of the girl are aware of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread