Murabito Desu ga Nani ka? - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Hero vs. Holy Sword

this MC is real god damn bad at basically all people skills, especially considering he had two lives to get it right. its not like going from helping 100% to refusing to help and being kinda an ass about it is gonna make any friends.

also he's fuckin super overpowered, why does he need to care if anyone else is powerful? i know they brought that up earlier, but it still didn't real explain why he just couldn't be the hero in cordelias stead

edit: like imagine saying "hey i'm basically the strongest creature in existence and to get there my two lives were fucking suffering even though i cheated gods and dragons: look at this other person thats very dear to me kill themselves multiple times and destroy their sanity to get strong when they were already born with superhuman strength. don't be such a little bitch and get strong by working hard like the rest of us by basically torturing ourselves for our entire lives or go home, knowing that literally cannot possibly get on my or her level". what the shit my dude

Fed-Kun's army
@tehcoopatroopa
Because no matter how strong he gets, the hero can basically get stronger. He's just getting a huge head start so as to not to be out classed so easily. And the hero class wouldn't even need to have nearly as many restrictions and requirements for so much power as he does.

Fed-Kun's army
@Trov The only problem with that is that any character than the MC has a really heavy worf effect. When push comes to shove every time the MC had to come to the rescue. That just brings down the self esteem of the FMCs even further especially as them falling short leads to either them or the people they know suffering dire things.

Not that the MC is in much better shape overall as it turns out that his attempt at being a hero for his sweetheart just ended up fucking up her entire life instead.

In general this manga seems to be a vehicle for suffering with only the occasional bright spot.

Dex-chan lover
@infiniteverisimilitude

The interesting part about this manga is that it actually shows the self-esteem of the FMC being lowered. Most OP isekai there'd be no jealousy or internal emotional conflict over the MC's cheat-like abilities, they'd just be like "ooh wow, i'm in love".

So I think it's actually pretty good for character development that the FMC feels the way she does and I'd like to see how it plays out.

Supporter
This MC is confusing. What is his drive? Just to protect a girl he isn't in love with? Just be stronger?
He's oddly manipulative but doesn't seem to have good reasons for being manipulative. It's like the author just decided to tack on edgy-ness.

Dex-chan lover
@everyone
that's just how japan MC does, he's either cockblocked or just vague... wtf man. why are they using modern mindset (which is dumb) into fantasy world?) the only rules is your FIST, but they mostly too stupid or pussy to understand that (i'm not asking for chaotic or evil though, just dont be a pussy when needed)
just make HAREM and of course impregnate them all (of course after marriage, NOT just sudden impulse like a beast)
and max of 4 girl is more than enough, of course that's only possible if you ARE mc (with OP stamina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) of course)

Users who are viewing this thread