Murim Login - Ch. 24

Double-page supporter
"Quest reward: None"
As the MC is a selfish man this seems like an absolute loss and no reason to help. But as we have seen earlier
Even though he realizes this is suppose to be a game/simulation. Not real. He still feels the morality of the world and feels guilty.
I like the way this is also making him progress as a person.

Dex-chan lover
This is a weirdly effective cliffhanger. Rather than putting the MC in a position of danger every reader knows he'll overcome, they instead leave you wondering whether they're going to keep going the full amoral coward route or if he's taking a step in the direction of a more typical protagonist (albeit one who's earned his strength and dignity in the readers' eyes and therefore a much less cliché one).

Double-page supporter
well that's a shit quest, jk it prob starts some op chain quest

@twinklecake the ammoral one is in a sense more cliche in this genre and him being reasonable is kind of what makes him so easy to relate to and pretty likable, especially as this isn't really some saintly request, just a very human one,
I'm sure it's something he certainly wants to always avoid given his earlier actions but the weight of sacrificing them has also been made clear to him and us without making the choice too obvious, with these last well written chapters,
turning a blind eye another time would almost make him less interesting, as in a sense, this would otherwise be him actually faltering and struggling to keep to his normally adamant and strict desire of doing his best to go back , which certainly makes him more interesting and less one note as a character,

and this lines up with his past in the other world in a pretty realistic sense in terms of his morality and humanity when it comes down to it.

i don't know if all that is especially unique but something about how unexpected and brazen the choice is, just makes it feel fresh to me,
putting aside musings on archetypes, i think this is just a straight up intriguing character arc. Regardless of the amount he changes later, or his exact choice, this certainly gives him more character now and leaves a pretty big impression. I mean how could you not be happy if he cared about this powerless but gallant and loyal old man's dying wish. even though it's totally unclear if npcs are even alive.

Dex-chan lover
@sif99 Meh, I've seen a thousand protagonists that are wrong of will, and who are virtuous, and who are both. Literally an actual thousand.

A guy who kinda wants to be good but is just too pathetic to truly be, though, and who actually remains that way throughout the story? That would have been a brand new thing in my decades of reading eastern comics. So you're fully and completely wrong about it being a cliché and perhaps need to go look up the word.

umm. its been few chapter, i wonder if that guy is an elf? that ear pretty pointy to me

Users who are viewing this thread