Murim Login - Vol. 1 Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
I do think he needs to put some points into intelligence otherwise he'll never figure it out.

Spent the last few chapters of the murim arc wanting him to log out and now I'm just desperate for him to log back in 😭

Group Leader
@HammerU89 Hear Hear! I've been screaming ( okay, more like occasionally muttering ) at him to invest at least a pittance of points into INT. Work smarter not harder, and all that jazz.

I wonder if his reaction, although annoying and perhaps contemptible, is reasonable. After all, people probably will never have to experience that degree of dichotomy, where one can participate in two worlds under two distinct identities, and if he makes a blunder he stands to actually lose his life. Not to mention up until this point he really hasn't come across as hero material by any stretch of the definition

Dex-chan lover
I get that they're trying to do a refusal of the call thing here but it kinda feels forced. I mean it literally takes just a few hours IRL and has oodles and kaboodles of rewards plus he went through all those character growth moments there and established all those bonds. He could literally just knock out that nightmare problem in an afternoon, and there is no clear and humanly believable reason for him not to after all these days.

Double-page supporter
People are forgetting MC is literally rolling 0s on the intelligence stat. No wonder he does so many incredibly stupid things.

Some people are commenting that he should go back. Why is that? He is not obligated to live two lives at all. To improve his living? He seemed content with the salary of C rank already. Effortless improvement? He had already almost literally died several times in there, and no guarantee it wouldn't happen again. The only reason he would go back is because of guilt, and that's exactly why he's agonizing right now.

Dex-chan lover
What if his boxy in murim dies while he's "logged out", would his second awakening and new skills disappear?

@dimasmw also.. a story with an mc like that wouldn't be entertaining at all and there'd be zero real conflict in a story that should have some. that's obviously why people are saying he should go back.

If he dies in game, he dies in real life. This is the most important information in the manual. Just before being logged out forcefully, he had a quest that will kill him if he fails.

@captain_crunch He won't lose his awakening but he will die. So yes, but actually no. They explained that if he dies in Murim he dies in real life, which is part of the reason he's afraid of going back but the failure condition for his current mission is death. So if he doesn't head back and complete the mission within the time limit he will die.

Users who are viewing this thread