Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 19 Ch. 87 - Nostalgia and Restlessness

Dex-chan lover
yeah sure eris is bad at communicating. that's not her problem. her problem is she thinks, and this manga thinks, it could ever be reasonable for her, a woman, to go out (alone) and be an adventurer, as a means to the end of being a more fit partner for him.

that's not what women are.
This is a world where getting good at swords meant being able to parry nuclear level magic bullshit or split a mountain in half. And one of the person who is at tha level in the story is a woman who owns the title of Water Sword God.

It is reasonable to think of getting stronger as a way to be equal to the person you're fond of. Especially since she is trying to be a match for Rudeus, the guy who survived and rebounded back after facing against what is considered as a legendary being in the world.

The problem isn't the fact that eris wants to get stronger. It's that she didn't consider telling rudeus about it face to face due to her social ineptitude.

Dex-chan lover
This is a world where getting good at swords meant being able to parry nuclear level magic bullshit or split a mountain in half. And one of the person who is at tha level in the story is a woman who owns the title of Water Sword God.

It is reasonable to think of getting stronger as a way to be equal to the person you're fond of. Especially since she is trying to be a match for Rudeus, the guy who survived and rebounded back after facing against what is considered as a legendary being in the world.

The problem isn't the fact that eris wants to get stronger. It's that she didn't consider telling rudeus about it face to face due to her social ineptitude.
That wasn't the problem either, it was how she put it in writing. It could easily be, as it was, misunderstood. If she said those words face to face, it would have still been misunderstood. The only difference is she MAY have been able to look at how it affected him and could explain better, but Eris was never exactly smart or perceptive. Eris put too much faith in Rudeus being able to understand her meaning and she was completely wrong. Her training made her think...and I'm sure from that thinking she realized how big of a mistake she made.

And that's pretty much all I have to say, I agree wholeheartedly with the first two things you said. It seems cksn wasn't reading the manga but inserting his own beliefs into the plot.

Unrelated, but Aisha is one of the best little sisters in manga.

Ehhh, Eris is rather stupid but good girl.
she never gave up on him and died protecting him despite all the shit he caused

Dex-chan lover
We've all fucked up at some point in our life, that's just how humans are. While we may clear that up and atone someday, some people might just be too hurt by that and never forgive us. If that's how it is, than nothing we can do about it, they're not entitled to forgive us.

That is to say, fuck you Eris.

Dex-chan lover
Don’t know if any one else has this thought, but since they are in a medieval world, couldn’t he just have multiple wives? Don’t get me wrong I don’t just want him to accept it with out he Siri work since she did impact his life quite negatively when she left him.
Contrary what your average Isekai has you believe, polygamy was never the norm in medieval society. Really not past any level of "civilisation" past the nomadic stage. And most certainly not for your average mob...

As far as this manga/world goes, there isn't a single hint polygamy is a thing, or even socially accepted.
In medieval times people did have multiple wives. Sequentially. Because childbirth has Risks. And at least the same bodycount as the endless little wars/feuds the males were involved in.
But multiple wives/concubines at the same time? Only rarely, only at the very top level of society, and certainly not in medieval Europe. They had enough problems with royal bastards as it is....
Asia? yes. But their histories tends to be even more bloody, with even more byzantine politics and brutal purges than Europe's...

So no, thankyou... There's plenty other plot avenues the author can take that won't need a harem at all, and (gods forbid) actually shows some growth in the changed relation between the people involved..

Dex-chan lover

becoming equal to the man you're fond of just isn't a normal impulse. especially not if it involves separating from him for years.

Dex-chan lover
What is on her mind...?!
Well, definitely not the fact the she left Rudy with an easily misunderstood letter. Love or hate, i'm looking forward to seeing her face when the news of Rudeus marriage reaches her.

Dex-chan lover
becoming equal to the man you're fond of just isn't a normal impulse. especially not if it involves separating from him for years.
Jesus, it's a normal thing. It's just different in the real world. Instead of couples trying to be equals through physical might, they usually try to stand equally by emotional or logistical support. In the case of this story though, it IS entirely possible for a woman and a man to stand equal side by side in terms of capability for violence. Otherwise I do agree, to suddenly leaving your beloved without any elaboration or maybe a talk isn't a normal impulse. But that's really just Eris' character at work.

Realistically, i dont think Eris can be back into relationship, just the story make it happen for reader fullfillment. Eris is that kind of fickle girls, when she felt achieve something they immediately part way with it reminding you off some high achievers gals back in high school and college (part of my life trying to mend that kind of relationship but it doesnt seem to work no matter how much i try). So, it was never mean to be serious, just kind of friends/girlfriend you tag along on a short period journey.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Is it just me or the character's drawing looks different than before?

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or the character's drawing looks different than before?
Still the same, although colored panel give different impression specially ruijerd :haa:
9gmoPUx_d.webp

Dex-chan lover
Sauce?
Manga?

I advise that you don't ask any further along this line of questioning and ignore any replies that try to explain more. Just wait for
turning point four.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread