Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 10 Ch. 50 - Aftershock

@triger255
To clarify his position, Rudy's not quite a contender for the house, just that he has a small claim to aristocracy. Whilst he could be used as a political bargaining chip due to his lineage and relationship with Sauros prior to the Calamity, his claim to the entire house isn't very strong as a whole due to Paul having (presumably) left his house to go adventuring. Additionally, you can't really blame him for not wanting to join the aristocracy given that they just executed Sauros for no logical reason. So that's a big factor in the reason why he's not even considering becoming a proper noble, even if he may have the lineage.

And for anyone arguing the incest angle, I can see that you would consider incest to be bad due to its long-term negative effects on the gene pool. However, it's important to note that Rudy and Eris are nowhere near close cousins. Both come from different branches of the family, so there's really no significant blood relation at all. As you can see from the family chart in the chapter itself, Rudy isn't even directly related to Sauros, let alone Eris. From a psychological perspective, the two haven't really been raised as siblings or family either, given their initial teacher/student relationship, so there's no real physical or psychological incest involved here. Incest is also fairly appropriate for the time period anyway, so those issues are really just nitpicking.

Fed-Kun's army
Eris wants the milky D but I bet rudeus will give her the pussy D. Ruedus is so gay he will absolutely word eris out of her getting a kid sadly ,as we all know that happens in the majority of mangas where the MC isn't a public pervert or is fine with banging his GF or the girl he likes.

Fed-Kun's army
@WeaWeab on the inside he's still an old japanese man though, with all the proper traditional values and worldview. it doesn't matter what eris thinks, it'd still be pedophilia and incest to him

@Wildfire_desu
But that's even more of a reason why it's not an issue. As an educated Japanese man from our time, he completely understands the issues with incest. So the fact that he's not mentioned the incest angle means that the difference in family branches basically makes it not incest. If you go back far enough, then everything counts as incest, so really you're just splitting hairs on that issue.

The pedophillia angle does have a bit more of an argument, but children are raised in this world to expect that they're adults when they turn 15. As such, children are expected to mature by the time they hit 15 in this world, and they would do so. It's an arbitrary age set to indicate adulthood, no different to the use of the age of 18 for consent in our world. If anything, the age of consent in a number of countries is below 18 if both partners are below 18.

Besides, even if he is an adult man inside, he still gets to experience all the wonderful hormones and physical changes that puberty grants us, and the situation really isn't one for rational thought. It's not exactly fair to judge him on the fact that he may have sex with what would be a minor in the world that he left 15 years ago but is perfectly accepted here. I could see there being issues if he were the kind of isekai protag that got dropped into the world a year or two beforehand, but he's been living in it for almost 15 years. It's easily more relevant to him than his old world now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd thrown out all the ethics that only applied to our world.

It seems absurd to me that he lives in a world where killing in the street is basically legal as long as you can prove the guy was a bad guy, and yet everyone wants to jump up and down because he might end up having consensual sex with someone who's really only related to him by name, and is easily considered to be an adult in this world. It really does just bring us back to the retarded mindset that talking about sexual activity is more of a taboo than violence.

Fed-Kun's army
@WeaWeab yeah, i feel you. unfortunately, there's no escaping the backwards badshit crazy morality of our society, even if it's actually easy to completely ignore the minority of morons, it's not easy to get everyone to ignore them.

Aggregator gang
Even if they were direct cousins, cousin marriage has a statistically insignificant chance of health defects. Even people not related at all have a 1-3% chance of defects. It takes generations and generations of inbreeding to approach muslum ideology levels of birth defects.

If you are whining about nonexistent cousin problems, but decline to get outraged over islamic ideological culture (not a race) inbreeding, then you are just talking out of your butt for the sake of smelling your own farts.

Muslum ideology birth defect rate is 30% in "1st world" nations like the UK, since muslums have been inbreeding with siblings for 1400 years. This is real, this is recorded data, this is a measured FACT.

Even the US representative Ilhan Omar, most famous muslum in America, is married to her own brother. This is also a fact, one of her two husbands is her biological sibling, though he was deported and currently is living in the UK.

@Viiyos bye ~

well, we are all expected that this will happen someday, i mean, it's life. she's the sole heir, and need to continue the line. she's a proud one and wont accept being offered as concubine. so it make sense if she thinks that she'd make rudeus her consort. in the middle ages, where the heir is female, sometimes they take men as ruler-consort instead, or marry another one with power, like the case of Plantagenet dynasty..

@WeaWeab isn't she rudeus's cousing third removed ? if yes, i dont think that's incest.

So they'll bang, he'll feel used and nope out and then they'll both suffer for awhile before reuniting. Right?

And off we go into the land of twisted shenanigans.

Seriously, this is why I hate politicians. Why the fuck would any halfway intelligent person think putting Eris in a situation where she's at the mercy of someone that is KNOWN to be a backstabber is a good idea? This butler needs to be stripped of his position for a while to re-calibrate his head.

I don't understand the popularity behind this series. The mc is human trash who barely becomes a decent person and so much of the drama is forced bullshit no human would accept, especially a freaking magic superpowered human.

I realize the author admitted this was basically deliberately written as a male power fantasy but every time I try to read it I feel disgusted.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a distant cousin of his wife...pretty much the same situation here. This really isn't incest under pretty much any law in the world.

Fed-Kun's army
It's sexy time!
ef4b5207b7fd1f327621fe31fc4e2df0.png

Oh, and the sexy badass cat lady is alive! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread