Music Tournament 2: Battle Music!

Music Tournament 2: Battle Music!

• Anime-Only Opening Music

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Anime-Only Ending Music

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Emotional Music (Anime, Games, Movies)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Video Game Menu Music (Lobby, Save, Customization, etc.)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Video Game Town/City/Village/Civilization Music

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Spooky Music

• Relaxing Music

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Licensed Music In Games, Anime, Movies

• Retro/Classic Music

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
@Halo
It's really just a social commentary about racism, segregation and <insert related issue here> that uses furries to present it in a somehow detached from reality setting.
I believe you, I was just memeing earlier when I said it was targeted for furries (well I guess it still does target them). [Insert humorous yet serious comment about judging people and things individually.] I don't actually have any bad impression of BNA, as I've never watched it. And while there are some cringe af furries out there, I don't resent them altogether either (but I do make fun of them sometimes because who doesn't lmao). Wouldn't want you to think I actually judge a book by its cover that extremely, ya fee-fee?

Beastars does the same thing concerning social commentary, and it works great. It doesn't hit you over the head with it, but it's still very ingrained in the characters and the plot developments. 8/10.
he did mention the actual tournament wouldn't be until September at earliest
I'm kinda tempted to make a 'Music Tournament 2.5' while we wait lol. Maybe make it shortened versions of OP's, since the full versions will come later in the 'official' tournament.

Group Leader
@justforthelulz That's it. Found it on Google Images actually... I figured I'd go with something mildly weeby but still in my wheelhouse of taste. That is until I figure out exactly what I'll use for my "final" profile pic. Than again, I may stick with this, cuz the scrap queen sure as hell ain't your basic type. Also, quit your memeing. You're ruining the image of the series for the new guy.

@Richman
Here's the real thing for reference.

@bigtiddyoneesan That might be a nice proving ground to figure out what might work and what definitely won't in the main tournament.
Take that as you will.

Contributor
@Korsai
Meme, shmeme. I literally chose 'ZERO' as a serious submission for the first music tournament, which lost in a very close vote in the round of 32--->round of 16.
Coincidentally, the very same track it lost to (Mabinogi Theme) ended up winning that first tournament.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@justforthelulz
Bro, i feel happy that my songs lasted so far, but i also felt sad when they inmediately died once one of them failed (SoT, why? You're the best meme song for the meme boss).

Btw, i already watched that video from the first MT, but i wasn't paying attention to the dialogue, i was focused on the gameplay lmao.

Group Leader
@justforthelulz I'm half joking about the memeing thing. Zero is an epic track/mission yes, but the version of the mission you posted was a "gag edit" if that makes sense. I'd rather give an accurate representation if I'm trying to induce interest in something, but that's just me.

Group Leader
Come to think of it, I probably should've asked beforehand out of courtesy, but you're cool with this right? I'm not trying to steal your thunder or anything, and I figured this tournament wasn't exactly the same as the next one will be.

OK. I can't stop anyone from making their own tournament if they wish. But there's a good reason why I only wanted to host one per month.

As for the next tournament, it won't be immediate. So this one took 17 days to complete, a little over 2 weeks. It was fun, definitely. If we hold another one right away, I think some people will get burned out. Play a game too much or too many times, and you'll get tired of it. I say we take a break for a few weeks. Maybe I'll host the second one next month. Maybe later.

It's only been 3 days since the last tournament concluded. I thought we all could use a small break. And we still haven't finished voting yet... But if you guys insist on having another one right away, knock yourself out. I actually entertained the idea of having someone else host the tournament for once to see how they do things.

Now, the question is: will we accept the tracks that were submitted in the 2.5 tournament in the next one?

Edit: my haiku. Actually thought the first line was wrong, not the last line. XD

決めました
次のトーナメント
九月です。

@justforthelulz I remember some cops got suspended for tweeting that same pic, lol.

Contributor
@Mr_Detective
It looks like MTv2.5 will be (cut versions), as in the TV-size and non-full-length songs.
If someone wants to resubmit the same song, but the full-length version instead for MTv3.0, I don't see why not.

For me though, I already have a different selection for the September bracket anyways.

Edit: Cops shitposting anime memes on twitter? The official police department twitter? Or their personal accounts, which were then linked back to their jobs?

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
since 2.5 is not the "official" one it should be fine to use the same track on 3.0
my judgement definitely is not related with me wanting to submit the same kenshin and slam dunk song

Group Leader
@justforthelulz Oops. Not a tweet, but a text message.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-13/police-officer-lands-in-hot-water-after-sending-clannad-meme-image-with-racial-pejorative/.88140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Rt3GR1HvQ&feature=emb_title

I still laugh my ass off when I searched for this just now. After 5 years, it's still hilarious. XD

Contributor
@Mr_Detective
>when you're a cop and you get suspended for sending a meme that gets taken out of context:

aswshit.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
I think some people will get burned out.
This does make sense. Thanks for your understanding. I hope we'll have a fun 'lite' tournament, look back on this and say (explicit language)
cHg5JwGm.jpg
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-13/police-officer-lands-in-hot-water-after-sending-clannad-meme-image-with-racial-pejorative/.88140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Rt3GR1HvQ&feature=emb_title
a2rtD2um.png

Users who are viewing this thread