Musket Girls! ~Tensei Sanbou to Senretsu Otome-tachi~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Grim Reaper Staff Officer is Born!

Dex-chan lover
Huh, this is.. interesting i guess. Wonder why they sent him there? Also, I'm guessing dirty jokes and booze and women will not really motivate these soldiers... Thanks for the upload!

Why I cannot stop comparing every military isekai somewhat modern with Tanya's, WELP!!

Dex-chan lover
Napoleonic-era warfare isekai, huh. This might prove interesting. Hope they did their research, for once.

Why I cannot stop comparing every military isekai somewhat modern with Tanya's, WELP!!
Probably because Tanya's is a well made isekai which touches many Great-War-era warfare tropes, so any other semi-modern warfare isekai will have to compare itself with it.

Group Leader
This is pretty interesting
But I wonder if we'll see a platoon consisting of musket girls getting brutally butchered by field canons (just like what they showed us in this ch.)

Dex-chan lover
Basically Gunka no Baltzar, but as a harem isekai. Will continue to read if the author did put in some basic research.

Double-page supporter
If you promise me "line infantry" and then pointedly don't deliver, I automatically drop the comic. Sadly, this comic doesn't survive the first few pages. The first battle we see is just generic action.

The bullshit with using 18-19th century military sabres like katanas as usual with japanese comics irritated me enough to give it a 1.

Edit: Flipped through the rest of the chapter and nearly closed the tab again at a noble house 'controlling' an entire division(!) of soldiers in a formal army. There were and are regiments with honorary Colonels but this is a completely different business.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Will continue to read if the author did put in some basic research.
I don't particularly enjoy Gunka no Baltazar, but it at least put in enough effort to not offend me in the first five pages. Here we see what's basically a modern platoon of infantry deployed on its own milling about randomly in no discernable formation or order, they get shelled by an invisible 'light field gun' with magic hollywood contact fused explosive shells as opposed to solid shot, cannister, or even shrapnel shells, and then they just magically complete a bayonet charge into manned fieldworks by authorial fiat and 'muskets are inaccurate'. The whole logic of the fight doesn't make any sense whatsoever to begin with, to the point I hardly even know where to start. The enemy is willing and able to dig field fortifications and bring up a light field piece, but leave only enough men in it that a modern platoon sized element is able to take it unsupported? For some reason the unit our hero belongs to is sent marching up this road in "platoon" sized penny packets spaced so far apart they can't support each other instead of a single column, he encounters enemy fieldworks that is clearly waiting for them, and his decision is to attack it head on instead of waiting for the rest of his company - much less the battalion - to catch up and form a proper line?

The whole sequence doesn't even make any particular visual sense, much less impress me as visually striking, so there's absolutely no reason to give it an artistic pass.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Holy shit boys. It's an isekai about modern, magic-less warfare without mentioning the words Oda nor Nobunaga.

Dex-chan lover
Napoleonic-era warfare isekai, huh. This might prove interesting. Hope they did their research, for once.

Probably because Tanya's is a well made isekai which touches many Great-War-era warfare tropes, so any other semi-modern warfare isekai will have to compare itself with it.
Well-made? Tanya has one character in it and no plot.

If you promise me "line infantry" and then pointedly don't deliver, I automatically drop the comic. Sadly, this comic doesn't survive the first few pages. The first battle we see is just generic action.

The bullshit with using 18-19th century military sabres like katanas as usual with japanese comics irritated me enough to give it a 1.

Edit: Flipped through the rest of the chapter and nearly closed the tab again at a noble house 'controlling' an entire division(!) of soldiers in a formal army. There were and are regiments with honorary Colonels but this is a completely different business.
The part about the saber isn't actually too far off real-life history. When Japan adopted military sabers they did incorporate Katana blades into them sort of making a hybrid. That said the whole 'Japanese superior dueling and getting his own customer blade despite being lower rank commoner' would not have happened. It's pretty clear the author's knowledge of Napoleonic era combat is based on Japan's own experience in that area like around the time of the Boshin War.

That being said at least the manga does point out how female soldiers are at massive disadvantage.

Fed-Kun's army
This is pretty interesting
But I wonder if we'll see a platoon consisting of musket girls getting brutally butchered by field canons (just like what they showed us in this ch.)
What I kinda hoped would have happened in Iron Ladies, but didn't.

Double-page supporter
Gunka no Batzar meet all Girl Squad...well looks like at least this wont shy away from Blood and Guts....

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Don't normally read historical military manga but these pages caught my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread