Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 6 Ch. 136 - Yoake Island

Dex-chan lover
Use of 'girlfriend' from a girl to refer to her friends is common when i was growing up, so i never doubted its usage - especially given the eccentric way that character was shown to be speaking. Color me surprised to see that there are people who havent seen it used like that.

Thanks for the translation!

LMFAO that last page got me on the floor, seemed like a super simpy redditor huh?

Either way thank you for the stellar work!!

Dex-chan lover
Wait...were people seriously bitching about him using 'girlfriend' thinking that girlfriend couldn't be used for female friends that aren't romantic? Like...do they listen to modern english?

Dex-chan lover
@22Ryu
i know i asked about it, but just because i wasn't sure if the implication was romantic or slang

he's still one of the best tls around.

The people complaining that caused the last page to appear must be children because that was common slang back in the 90s and early 2000s. You still hear it sometimes, but not as often as back then.

I don't usually read comments but I like to follow TL notes, and seriously...

If you're one of those who complain about the use of the word "girlfriend"; I personally have seen shows and movies with groups of girls using "girlfriend" in the same way a dudes use "bro". If you have such a problem with the yuri connotation it may have that you would go out of your way to find other translations you might be a tad homophobic. I'd suggest you do some instrospection and think about what really bothers you so much about the use of that word. Granted maybe the first time she says it may be confusing, but it's made very clear soon after that that's just the way she talks.

And to the TL... uhm, ok, just ignore these people and rather focus on listening to actual constructive criticism. I'm not saying there was any (haven't really checked), neither do I have one ATM.

yeah translator is right, girlfriend can be used to refer to friendship between women, like bros to friendship between men. I feel like the commentor was kinda petty or homophobic lol

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations. I liked this chapter, though now that I think of it, it's kind of interesting--how long have demons and humans been interacting in this setting? That big hole or pit seems very ancient.

Users who are viewing this thread