Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 8 Ch. 185 - Support

Dex-chan lover
Tbf, he's not wrong. Demons are immensely dangerous to every living creature, including themselves, which is why they were never united thus far. Only under the human threat, and ironically, using them as a model of sort, did they manage to properly group together.
Forming their own nation, and being independent, is the best way for them to be taken seriously, as people, of their own culture and sovereignty...Otherwise, they are either nomads, or refugees that flee to human territory, and that leaves them to the whims of humanity.

So, in short, I disagree...I think he had the right idea, to fight for a demon nation. Is it odd that a revolution of sorts will require sacrifices? Not really.
That being said, I do agree that he's incredibly disagreeable. It's hard to truly root for him.
I hated Crown for the longest time, but working on this for so long I guess I've Stockholm'd myself into thinking he's not entirely wrong...... but he's still gotta pay for his transgressions against Gospel.

Dex-chan lover
If you think about it, integrating into human society is actually a much better way of ensuring demons "would have to be taken seriously" by humans and not be subject to human whims (in the words of the guy you're quoting). A demon nation on its own, separate from humanity, would just be one big target that would eventually be overwhelmed by the humans' numerical superiority. On the other hand, when demons are integrated into human society, they can make humans depend on them with their unique skills and talents--look how much money Merii makes. This is ironically enough a far stronger position for the demons to be in than otherwise.
I agree to an extent but they are not equals. They may be treated fairly by humans but there is no guarantee that will continue. Yea the demons that have useful powers may end up being relied upon but what about the ones with useless powers? What value does Lizette bring humans? If anything she is an active burden as she needs blood.

The only reason humans put up with these useless demons is to keep an eye on them as ensure they don't attack humans. Humans only want demons to integrate into human society for their own protection. You know what else would ensure humans are safe? Killing all demons. There is no guarantee humans wont pursue that option if they think it's easier i.e if they develop new weapons or have enough information on all the demons that they could easily commit genocide.

A demon country would certainly be a target but at least it's citizens wouldn't have to fear their own government. Any threat would come from the outside.

Dex-chan lover
I agree to an extent but they are not equals. They may be treated fairly by humans but there is no guarantee that will continue. Yea the demons that have useful powers may end up being relied upon but what about the ones with useless powers? What value does Lizette bring humans? If anything she is an active burden as she needs blood.

The only reason humans put up with these useless demons is to keep an eye on them as ensure they don't attack humans. Humans only want demons to integrate into human society for their own protection. You know what else would ensure humans are safe? Killing all demons. There is no guarantee humans wont pursue that option if they think it's easier i.e if they develop new weapons or have enough information on all the demons that they could easily commit genocide.

A demon country would certainly be a target but at least it's citizens wouldn't have to fear their own government. Any threat would come from the outside.
What value does Lizette bring humans? If anything she is an active burden as she needs blood.

Well, she's very young and we don't really know what powers she has. If she has the typical vampire abilities of flight, strength, etc. humanity may well find her useful as a spy or special operative.

Humans only want demons to integrate into human society for their own protection. You know what else would ensure humans are safe? Killing all demons. There is no guarantee humans wont pursue that option if they think it's easier i.e if they develop new weapons or have enough information on all the demons that they could easily commit genocide.

But I think the series itself offers a very compelling rationale on the part of the humans other than protection: Profit. Like I said, Merii made a ton of money providing medical services to the humans, the singer lady from the previous episodes was an entertainer, and the moth lady (Kampfer, IIRC) made great clothes. Demons separated from humanity in their own country couldn't provide humans with any of these benefits, but integrated with human society they can benefit humans in a variety of ways rather than only being threats (even if threat was always a possibility). So ironically enough, humans have less of a reason to genocide the demons if they live together, as in that case genociding the demons would rob humans of the benefits they bring.

A demon country would certainly be a target but at least it's citizens wouldn't have to fear their own government.

But again, the story itself seems to refute this. Look how cruelly Crown treats his "own" people, using children as nothing more than soldiers in the name of the greater good he claims to fight for. It's far more likely an "independent" demon country would become tyrannical and oppress its own citizens in the name of protecting them.

Dex-chan lover

lizette needs foods like every other human, theres nothing stopping her from holding a normal job and going home to a blood pack in the same way a human does but with normal food, weve already seen theres a successful store run by demons where demons can work a normal 9-5 and there are tons of demons in human society similarily working normal jobs

if humans were going to wipe out demons they would have done it before they showed the population that demons are just like them on the inside

Contributor
But again, the story itself seems to refute this. Look how cruelly Crown treats his "own" people, using children as nothing more than soldiers in the name of the greater good he claims to fight for. It's far more likely an "independent" demon country would become tyrannical and oppress its own citizens in the name of protecting them.
I want to say on that point, I don't think it's exactly even bad writing that he just acts more evil than nice, it's more how the widespread ideology of demons were before integration. We saw how much Lorem fought before having a kid and how she mellowed out after having more caring relationships with people other than her sister and Zeke.

Dex-chan lover
the humans were already offering them an equal spot in society and it was already clearly shown that it was working and demons were successfully integrating peacefully into human society and living happy peaceful lives

what he was doing would only jepordize that peace to create a nation formed on blood that likely would have been seen as a threat by human nations and would have only ensured further bloodshed and hate towards demons

To the people disagreeing with me, I want to remind you a plot point in which a higher-up in human society was the one who "created" Crown to begin with. Stating that human-demon-conflict was the best end-result. While integration of demons into human society is on route, so is the attempt to make use of them. It's not all roses.
That being said, I do agree at this point in the story, I did forget how happy-go-lucky early-story was, where the demons were actually, genuinely being integrated into society.

Also, regarding Meril -- I never thought it made any sense that she starts out as a research subject, and then ends up among the 1% in accumulated wealth due to her medical properties. How was she given so much freedom and authority, as to have the ability to buy entire islands? If she wants, she can lobby politicians with her wealth and influence the entire nation all by herself, simply because she has literally everyone on the planet in the palm of her hand. Meril is just simply too valuable to be running free like that, it makes no sense.

Which, is fine, to be honest. It just means that this story either tried to be more nitty-gritty from its middle point onward, or it limits how nitty gritty it wants to be. We all started reading this for the fluff anyway, just saying that there's a reason why some of us feel like "Crown is right" while others think: "Wait no the story told us that's not necessary". Both are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread