Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Steal the moon

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this manga! As I mentioned in my message in the comment section in the other final chapter, if it weren't for your hard work, I doubt any of us would have gotten to read this manga, so thanks so much!

And I definitely agree, this feels like a proper ending. It's too soon and too ambigious to call it a "happy end", but at least it seems to indicate that things might be looking up for poor old Kousuke!

Uhh idk this manga ending was definitely not a good ending personally kinda trash tbh but I don't see another way to end the series bc if they did marry all the other ppl will harass them for their relationship so ehh kinda bad ending btw FUCK THE DAUGHTER

I waited to read until this translation came out. Overall a good story for the first half. It got a bit undisciplined as it dragged on but the forbidden passion aspect of it kept giving. My favorite aspect of this manga was the inner psychological aspects of being a salary man in Japan. The burden this man carried ...

Hope to read more Manga about men dealing with these kinds of burdens - it’s very representative

Dex-chan lover
ke15slgsucz21.jpg

Group Leader
I liked the ending. It worked perfectly for me. Thanks very much Princess Daphie for finishing this story. Wishing you a bit of a break and exciting new projects in the future.

ez3

Still crap.
Did she spit in his coffe on purpose?
What happened with koto’s mother, kosuke’s daughter and the policeman?

This is lazy.

I could say this is a safe ending. You cant have them being lovey dovey or break up as the ending. It really shows that Koto giving a hint to Kosuke to wait for her until she is on legal age when Koto grab the moon (in some japanese language is called kisaragi, her name) and asked Kosuke to kept it.

Arigatou Daphies, its been one hell of a ride. I waited for your trans. Wishing for your success and good health!

ps/ hope this will have extra chapter for epilogue

Edit: btw daphies, did u redraw Koto's nose in the new cover? If i remember author never draw a nose as perfect as this lolol

@ez3

Wasn’t this manga cancelled or something? Still a good ending despite being rushed.

BTW I don’t think Koto spat at Kosuke’s coffee. She put in another kind of secretion ;)

This might be completely wrong but here’s my take on the “milk in the coffee” scene.

When Koto mentions how would Kousuke react if he knew she put a tiny bit of milk in his coffee to which he responds with “I didn’t notice it at all” it made me feel as if Koto was saying that although Kousuke sees her as this light that drives him to keep on going and not give up, Kousuke’s life will continue to remain dark and bitter like black coffee. We add milk to coffee to usually soften the bitterness of the coffee. If we look at Koto being the “milk/happiness” to make Kousuke’s “coffee/life” less bitter, then it makes their conversation make more sense. Koto sees herself as a small drop of happiness in Kousuke’s life but she knows that them being together won’t solve all of their problems and make Kousuke’s life less bitter. A relationship can’t fix your own darkness, only you can.

I might’ve looked way too into this but I just thought I’d share my outlook on it. Hopefully it makes sense. Also thank you @princess_daphie’s for translating this masterpiece!

Dex-chan lover
Kinda a meh ending but its hard to handle minor - adult relationships. Anyway i kinda counted for some time skip when she becames adult.

Dex-chan lover
This manga has been pearls before swine.

The story has concluded because a new status quo has been established. Dragging it out for the sake of confrontations and drama would invalidate the juxtaposition between the normal and exceptional that has defined the entire story. This is exemplified in the previous chapter where Kousuke can't find anywhere he can have a sit down and smoke, because the status quo of the day is changing. It is also in Kousuke's banal work life, that in most respects is just like it was before. Koto's gesture of love on that background is the exceptional, just like it was when he took a train to nowhere with her. All the drama has been exceptional on a background of normalcy, if you made the drama normal the juxtaposition would no longer work.

Dex-chan lover
@gronkle thank you, I feel like you and I are kindred spirits. There are definitely readers here who, in my opinion, don't appreciate this manga for its worth. This was the perfect time to end this manga and it wrapped things up really well.

Users who are viewing this thread