My Androgynous Boyfriend

@kazaddum You'd be surprised by how often they are conflated. Sex is quite easy to keep track of, being the basis of sexual reproduction. Though it gets complicated once you look across multiple species. (Stupid snails :mad: ).

Gender though, like all things related to the brain, is complex as all hell. Considering how other kinds of things in our brain are it's unsurprising, but since we tend to make the mental shortcut of sex=gender a lot of people seem to forget that.

And for anyone who's curious, gender tends to trump sex in terms of importance due to the very simple fact that we are our brains.

@Jergens
The official title is "My androgynous boyfriend", which honestly fits better. From what I've read so far he is a guy, just that he's feminine. But since feminine≠woman and masculine≠male, this doesn't really change what he considers his gender to be.

It is quite the weird read to be honest, since the author does include a lot of the typical stereotypes. For example in the first chapter people are surprised he isn't gay.

Power Uploader
@Orange_Orange

The "gay" stereotype also really pulled me out and annoyed me; I guess, after that I've seen not much of that stuff though.

That all having been said; it's not as bad as the title suggests, but it's not really amazing either. Of course tonnes of 1s and 10s in the ratings — the former from those that only read the title, an the latter from those trying to overcompensate.

Banned
It's refreshing getting a story about this.

For some reason a lot of people think if you're into feminine stuff you're automatically gay. It's funny to me when I see these types of people break down when they see a straight femboy/trap/feminine man.

Power Uploader
I incidentally just found out what the meaning of "genderless" is; it turns out that "genderless" ["ジェンダーレス"] is the name of a contemporary Japanese fashion style; it has nothing to do with gender identity.

If one search for "ジェンダーレス" on the internet, what one mostly gets backs is Japanese clothing shops — that explains confusion.

Fed-Kun's army
It's very cute. Not a lot of chapters but their relationship seems pretty healthy and really sweet. I agree with the comment below that the title is probably referring to his fashion style/general androgyny by the "genderless" thing, because there isn't any mention of gender identity, like, at all.

Contributor
This series makes me very happy.

Honestly, as much because they have such a sweet (but fairly real and down-to-earth) relationship as anything. Meguru's appearance, occupation and mannerisms give something to center subplots and day-to-day conversations around, but it's fundamentally a no-drama comfy slice-of-life romance.

Well... that said, Meguru's inherent charm as a character (and that of all the other characters) is carrying this as well. But if you don't think a boy who sports makeup and nails and style just because he wants to is awesome, that's your problem, not mine.

This is just good for the soul, their relationship is sweet and chill and I love it sm.

Healthiest relationship and least cringy relationship I have seen thus far in media (not just manga). Also this video makes the title much less confusing. https://www.cnn.com/style/article/genderless-kei-fashion-japan/index.html

Aggregator gang
can admins add a "faggot shit" tag so i can filter out this dog feces

so pure and healthy! I love them!! If you need some sugar come here, the couple is adorable, no drama and they communicate <3 It's short, funny and lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread