My Dear Aster - Vol. 1 Ch. 42 - Season 1 END

Thanks for the TL! The season ended on a better note than I expected, thinking everything would just resolve the chapter after her complete breakdown (CH. 39) which would've left a bitter taste. It was great having Schderl just straight up giving her the facts and what she needed to hear at that moment.

Though I wonder what will happen next? There's not really much conflict to resolve anymore. Honestly, it gave me back the excitement I needed to continue reading it and I hope in the future the victims will someday TL the next season (although with immense struggle).

Happy ventures on the other TLs!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much to everyone on team! Aster was great read, being full of sadness, some teeth grinding at fl decisions, my ovaries hurt as fuck when ahe had a meltdown over not being able to go back to her daughter! There were also some polish reference that I was dumbfounded by (time to add aster to magic list of poland mentioned list with golden hair sorceress and so on). In the end Aster was interesting and heart touching. Can't wait for 2nd season! See you Leslie's victims on your other series! I have been gobbling up Sigrid lately, can't wait for more series from you.

Dex-chan lover
that protective ward better be a Chekhov's gun in season two and not some one off thing to make the old man progress the plot offhandedly :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TLs!! Glad the season ended in a good note, with the reveal and all the facts thrown out. I can feel the pain. While there were some annoyances, I ultimately still enjoyed this story, so I look forward to season 2. See you again then.

I bet the daughter will come back as a baby too somehow. Soul shenanigans.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so glad that part of the conflict resolved. Thank you Scanlator team for all the hard work!🙏 May you all rest until September!

I knew it would end out in the drama that the possibility of being the same child is close to none, but seems like she came to terms..... and our ML now got to know he has a milf in a young body....
but this artist group is quite nice to not end it weird point and to announce the date of their return, which is a short break of +- 3 months (if you don't consider that our translator were a bit behind the raws, which makes shorter).... good thing it's this short and not 1/2 year or more like some out there D:
Thanks for your hard work!

Also, have you tried to clean the panels with AI?

Dex-chan lover
Finally it was TALKED out. Unless the story can offer a good explanation as to how Aster can turn back time but not give up her soul or be reborn again, then I don't want her to come back. Equivalent exchange is established now. I don't want it handwaved away!

I know it's kinda cheap looking but at a certain point maybe one should just not redraw stuff and just...airbrush it in a flat similar color if it's causing a lot of suffering? These are still fan scanlations after all. I've also seen other people/teams leave in the original SFX and insert the TL of it into the original SFX or near it. A lot of scanlations nowadays look so nice, people are definitely less inclined to check out an official version lol.

Dex-chan lover
Finally it was TALKED out. Unless the story can offer a good explanation as to how Aster can turn back time but not give up her soul or be reborn again, then I don't want her to come back. Equivalent exchange is established now. I don't want it handwaved away!

Personal theory based on the stated facts that:
1. The body and soul are separate (even if she literally give birth to the same body doesn't mean it'll be the same soul)
2. Magic affect only things that physically exist. (magic can't affect souls)
3. Magic power is somewhat hereditary (Schderl thought Lihen was a descendant of a wizard due to her having magic)

My vote is that the protection of time on Lihen either contain the actual soul or some kind of duplicate data of the daughter, and when Lihen have a child the magic inherited will pass along the soul/data into the baby.

Back in ch 1 she said "No matter what changes, I'll still be mum and dad's child" and that bubble was highlighted...

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling it: the protective ward is so that the soul of the daughter is in the baby of FL and ML
That girl figured everything out before sending her mom back. That old guy who was the time expert was completely surprised about the protection on FL. I'm guessing S2 is going to go over ML's rise to royalty or something

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for your efforts in translating this.
I'm glad I waited to binge so I could be done with the drama.
It was getting a bit much.

Dex-chan lover
A far more mature end to the season than I expected. Brilliantly bittersweet.

Thanks to the team for pushing through the painful ts/clrd to bring it to us! :D

Dex-chan lover
Personal theory based on the stated facts that:
1. The body and soul are separate (even if she literally give birth to the same body doesn't mean it'll be the same soul)
2. Magic affect only things that physically exist. (magic can't affect souls)
3. Magic power is somewhat hereditary (Schderl thought Lihen was a descendant of a wizard due to her having magic)

My vote is that the protection of time on Lihen either contain the actual soul or some kind of duplicate data of the daughter, and when Lihen have a child the magic inherited will pass along the soul/data into the baby.

Back in ch 1 she said "No matter what changes, I'll still be mum and dad's child" and that bubble was highlighted...
The problem of the regression magic is that the rebound destroys the caster, and in a system where matter cannot be created or destroyed, it becomes an impossibility.

You're on the right track. Daughter figured out how to use the rebound to forward herself while preserving magic and physical laws.

And that the art shows Schderl is giving our mom aster flowers is now a giveaway.

Still love it. The skill of this regression story is just not found anywhere else.

Thank you very much for this series!!! I throughtly enjoyed reading it. And I sincerely hope tl and clrd will be much easier over the second season hahahaha

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling it: the protective ward is so that the soul of the daughter is in the baby of FL and ML
There's a reason why we never see the daughter's eyes - her eyes will take after the father.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the great work <3 Glad yall' were able to pull through despite Aster basically becoming a curse word haha

So glad they had this heart to heart T.T I'm really sad about the daughter... Was hoping they could figure something out together, we need a soul wizard or something!

Users who are viewing this thread