My Dear Lass - Vol. 3 Ch. 39

Group Leader
Our usual notice to those checking in in the first fifteen minutes or so - the placeholder content is something for aggregators to pick up. Proper content will be replaced shortly. Thank you for your patience!

(Please refresh the chapter after that time period.)

Group Leader
Ok so.... I might be calling something very off or very right. The friend likes her (has feelings) but did not persuade her during school years because of her parents expectations and because she also did not know the other could be attracted to women :nyoron: IDK it's just a feeling.

Dex-chan lover
That close-up shot of the peach on the ground was some Georgia O'Keefe levels of symbolic lewdness 🙈

Contributor
The story is hurting me, but the expectation is also hurting... So for now I'm just crying silently, waiting for the good end. :meguuusad:

Aggregator gang
So if Xiaoen made herself clear she liked girls, Yunduo “maybe” confessed her feelings? I think not, coz her parents were so straight laced and she’s a good girl, obeying everything they want her to do or she should do like a puppet. Is she annoyed with Xingyuan coz she sees her past self for being indecisive? Or she wishes that Xiaoen could’ve just chose her since she came out to like girls now?

Dex-chan lover
Yunduo's feelings are complex and her question to Xioaen can't be separated from her current dissatisfaction with her life. She loves her children but clearly regrets where she's ended up somewhat. Did she actually know about her feelings for Xiaoen back then or is she searching for a lifeline that wasn't there? She's definitely latched onto her current feelings for Xiaoen as a "what if," though. It's unfortunate.

What's great is you could see the gears turning in her head just from her body language in the previous chapter. The questions she was likely asking herself and the future she was imagining. I think even now, if she could, she'd want Xiaoen to be with her and with her kids.

Obviously that's not in the cards, and realizing that someone else is the one who showed Xiaoen that there's another romantic path--that must have cemented things for her a bit. She thought she'd missed something or that Xiaoen had kept something from her and that, that could explain how her life has ended up this way but in reality there really wasn't an alternative future that she was left out of. That also must hurt to think about.

She's been asking herself "where did it go wrong, and what could have changed it?" She seems to have thought she had an answer and that turned into a dud, quickly.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
KISSING??????

temp-Imagemr-Dc6x.jpg

Okay that aside, this is one of those pesky emotionally complex situations where no one is really at fault for anything and everything's still ended up cross-wired anyway. Please go smoothly, conversation 🙏

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Yundo have feeling for Mu Xiaoen, contrary to many beliefs. Yundo has clearly always been viewed as the caretaker and the mature one between the two. So much so that I think she was conditionned into Mu Xiaoen caretaker and/or guide.

And I think for the first time in her life, she find herself ill equiped to help Xiaoen make good decisions. For some who people always see as incapable of failing, to fail must eat away at her peace of mind. That was shown when she put the blame on her, telling Xiaoen she's too unique as a way too say she's not good enough.

Complex accentuated by the pressure put on her by the elders to remarry for the children sake, like she isn't enough for the children. And it's sad because it's really not her fault.

Contributor
I don't think Yundo have feeling for Mu Xiaoen, contrary to many beliefs. Yundo has clearly always been viewed as the caretaker and the mature one between the two. So much so that I think she was conditionned into Mu Xiaoen caretaker and/or guide.

And I think for the first time in her life, she find herself ill equiped to help Xiaoen make good decisions. For some who people always see as incapable of failing, to fail must eat away at her peace of mind. That was shown when she put the blame on her, telling Xiaoen she's too unique as a way too say she's not good enough.

Complex accentuated by the pressure put on her by the elders to remarry for the children sake, like she isn't enough for the children. And it's sad because it's really not her fault.
I would like it to be like that, but in the last chapter's flashback it doesn't hint to this but hint more for the unrequired love...

Users who are viewing this thread