My Dear Lass - Vol. 4 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
So this bitch was romantically interested in her, but it was one sided and then she started rumors etc?

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

ah, the greatest secret was let slip and the tension stems from there... honestly i felt that was what soiled the relationship between the two before now but damn does it hurt to see

Dex-chan lover
So Tianli wanted her attention, got that, but was it love? It seems like she was conflicted about her own feelings, I still can't figure out whether she had romantic feelings for her or was it just possessiveness and obsession

Thanks for the translation, you're working super fast these days, get rest when you need!

Dex-chan lover
Like, it seems to be as much jealousy over how much attention and success she was getting as a desire for her attention since her parents yelling at her for not being first in grades and her losing the study abroad spot seem to have contributed and, when she saw her surrounded by classmates, it seemed like as much jealousy over how much attention she received as frustration over being unable to talk with her more.

Dex-chan lover
Like, it seems to be as much jealousy over how much attention and success she was getting as a desire for her attention since her parents yelling at her for not being first in grades and her losing the study abroad spot seem to have contributed and, when she saw her surrounded by classmates, it seemed like as much jealousy over how much attention she received as frustration over being unable to talk with her more.
Feel the same way. Tianli seemed to desire attention from Xingyuan and seemed envious of the affection Xingyuan was giving to others, more than anything. Especially since Tianli brought back up Xingyuan's line about "don't worry just because I like girls, doesn't mean I like any girl" while she was remembering Xingyuan with these new girls. I think Tianli didn't appreciate that line when it was said before and I feel as though she felt she wasn't chosen.

She seemed to feel abandoned in the way she felt abandoned by her family, wanted to separate Xingyuan from those people and wanted to harm Xingyuan for neglecting her (they were now asking for Xingyuan's contact info) and all of that led to a reflexive bad decision. I feel like she weaponized Xingyuan's sexuality as a method of getting those girls and others to leave Xingyuan alone.

Last edited:
It seems that people don’t realize but I’m pretty sure the person who asked for Xingyuan’s contact info is a guy. The girls cheering at soccer are saying “Go Wang Yao” and it’s guys playing soccer, and then the person sending the messages name shows Wang. So it’s more likely that Tianli was in love with him then Xingyuan and was mad that he seemed interested in her. But I could be wrong, this is just something I noticed.

Dex-chan lover
It seems that people don’t realize but I’m pretty sure the person who asked for Xingyuan’s contact info is a guy. The girls cheering at soccer are saying “Go Wang Yao” and it’s guys playing soccer, and then the person sending the messages name shows Wang. So it’s more likely that Tianli was in love with him then Xingyuan and was mad that he seemed interested in her. But I could be wrong, this is just something I noticed.
Ohhh yeah got it all the pieces are clicking into place now

Dex-chan lover
No, I know it's a guy but that's a red herring, I think. She was at his soccer event but wasn't paying attention. Instead, she was busy worrying about Xingyuan. She wants to ask Xingyuan why she's not paying attention to her. She remembers Xingyuan's comments about liking girls while thinking of her with these new girls, while she's left out etc. Whether it was romantic or not I don't think that guy was really the central issue.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think all of you are right. She was jealous all of those things. Yes, that Wang guy was her crush before she started feeling special about being friends with Xingyuan. Then she got jealous for not being Xingyuan's only friend, then about the aboard school thingy. That's one hell of a cocktail. Too bad, she started reflecting only after clicking the "send" button 😒. Like my grandma loved to tell me, sorry doesn't heal wounds.

Dex-chan lover
So Tianli wanted her attention, got that, but was it love? It seems like she was conflicted about her own feelings, I still can't figure out whether she had romantic feelings for her or was it just possessiveness and obsession

Thanks for the translation, you're working super fast these days, get rest when you need!
I don't think Tianli even knew if it the feelings were romantic lol. Middle school girls finding out you can like girls has a way of really fucking up your sense of understanding when it comes to affection.

For me and most of the gay women I know, that age was when we had the biggest struggles of "what the fuck am I feeling rn" when it came to other girls.

You were right that possessiveness over a friend is actually really common, so it's a nightmare tryna detanlge that from romantic jealousy especially if you don't already know that you're bi/lesbian. At the point where she outed her, you could tell it wasn't out of malice but a desperation to keep others away from what she felt was hers

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Tianli even knew if it the feelings were romantic lol. Middle school girls finding out you can like girls has a way of really fucking up your sense of understanding when it comes to affection.

For me and most of the gay women I know, that age was when we had the biggest struggles of "what the fuck am I feeling rn" when it came to other girls.

You were right that possessiveness over a friend is actually really common, so it's a nightmare tryna detanlge that from romantic jealousy especially if you don't already know that you're bi/lesbian. At the point where she outed her, you could tell it wasn't out of malice but a desperation to keep others away from what she felt was hers
Telling love from friendship or envy really can be a headache, and yeah you're right even if Tianli's feelings are not clearly defined one thing is sure is that she felt entitled to Xingyuan, whether it was Xingyuan herself, what she had or probably a mix of both

Users who are viewing this thread