My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 24 - Transfer?

Group Leader
Re: text in speech bubbles. Please don't try to fill all the space as that can sometimes negatively impact readability. Text in bubbles need "breathing space". You can check out official translations on MangaPlus and stuff of popular series (usually first 3 chapters are free) to get a sense for what I mean.

Group Leader
Re: text in speech bubbles. Please don't try to fill all the space as that can sometimes negatively impact readability. Text in bubbles need "breathing space". You can check out official translations on MangaPlus and stuff of popular series (usually first 3 chapters are free) to get a sense for what I mean.
Okay yeah that makes sense, thank you!

Dex-chan lover
The quality got a big upgrade yet again! Thanks for putting in the effort to improve despite all the push back. Regarding the font size, whenever you make it big to fill the bubbles, my instinct is to always assume the words are being yelled, so I guess you could maybe occasionally use it that way? Seeing it constantly feels very harsh, though.

I feel a little bad for the bad dog Jiang Xue, she doesn't even know how she feels herself, let alone Shen. I'm rooting on her, she'll figure it out. Surely.

[...] my instinct is to always assume the words are being yelled, so I guess you could maybe occasionally use it that way? Seeing it constantly feels very harsh, though.
that and also for impact when it's something that catches a character off-guard maybe? seen that a few times.

from someone who is also on the spectrum: nice going, you look like you're improving quick. here's hoping you keep it up.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

jiang is fighting for her life trying to figure out how to get out of the hole she accidentally dug herself with shen by just not understanding why she would see something like that as important, i feel so bad for her but damn if that isnt a relatable autistic experience

Group Leader
Okay yeah that makes sense, thank you!
Also you should try varying the font you use depending on the tone the character should speak in, it's those QOL features that make up a good scan.

(Which also reminds me you don't add white outline to text when it's not on a white background so it's hard to read)

Group Leader
Also you should try varying the font you use depending on the tone the character should speak in, it's those QOL features that make up a good scan.

(Which also reminds me you don't add white outline to text when it's not on a white background so it's hard to read)
Do you mean like, I should have a white text box?

Users who are viewing this thread