My Girlfriend Gives Me Goosebumps! - Ch. 25 - IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Aggregator gang
Don't include suicide in your story if you won't manage it properly... this is worst than a bad joke
Going back and reading, the MC showed signs of being suicidal from the start. He was always edging close to wanting to die. Everything match up for suicide to be here, lets just hope they can actually end the story properly.

Dex-chan lover
Going back and reading, the MC showed signs of being suicidal from the start. He was always edging close to wanting to die. Everything match up for suicide to be here, lets just hope they can actually end the story properly.
i can kinda agree, that was the reason i got interested when the manga took this "twist", it sort of matched together somewhat nicely... my issue is more like i can't take them seriously.
Having a teenager explain that they built a small but surprisingly efficient information organization by... helping out other teenagers in hard circumstances... its simply ridiculous, plus the author setting it up like shes badass by doing that is funny.
Then we have another teenager but this ones (comically) mentally unstable to say the least and shes expected to help out the suicidal guy... i almost laughed when she got angry because "wanting to die" was mcs actual first place XD.
Helping out someone with suicidal thoughts/intent is awfully hard already, putting these teenagers as if they could handle it or as if they have any hope at it is annoying.
I mean im assuming mc won't succeed at suiciding because this is a shounen manga, if he succeeds ig what ive just said would become the "message" of the manga, altho feels like that would be a stretch.

i can kinda agree, that was the reason i got interested when the manga took this "twist", it sort of matched together somewhat nicely... my issue is more like i can't take them seriously.
Having a teenager explain that they built a small but surprisingly efficient information organization by... helping out other teenagers in hard circumstances... its simply ridiculous, plus the author setting it up like shes badass by doing that is funny.
Then we have another teenager but this ones (comically) mentally unstable to say the least and shes expected to help out the suicidal guy... i almost laughed when she got angry because "wanting to die" was mcs actual first place XD.
Helping out someone with suicidal thoughts/intent is awfully hard already, putting these teenagers as if they could handle it or as if they have any hope at it is annoying.
I mean im assuming mc won't succeed at suiciding because this is a shounen manga, if he succeeds ig what ive just said would become the "message" of the manga, altho feels like that would be a stretch.
I think the reason she's even approaching him like she did in the last page is because of that. She wants to break whatever is coming before her. Still pretty on theme for what we've been shown so far. It could also just take a completely different route and go the generic "You fixed my problems so I'll fix yours via friendship and love". I really hope that's not the case as it would quickly water down any real substance this story had in doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread