My Happy Marriage - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Real Family

Kudos to the author and the team. This is such an excellent plot. I got interested reading this after seeing the trailer of its anime adaptation on netflix. Thought its a finished product but somehow found out its soon to be released as an ongoing series. But, anyhow . . . I'm still looking forward on the development of this story. Thank you for sharing this with us. 🥰💙✨️

Hi, i love your edits so much, pls continue translating TvT thanks so much for all ur hardwork!!

Dex-chan lover
I hate the Idea of "putting more effort in" for absuive relatives, girly did everything she could as best as she could, nobody should be abused for that

Dex-chan lover
I hate the Idea of "putting more effort in" for absuive relatives, girly did everything she could as best as she could, nobody should be abused for that

Yes of course but their insults were pretty basic petty shit like "she can't even cook" etc. What she means was, she could at least put in at least minimal effort in to things like that. She just didn't at all. So she partly blames herself for giving up without trying and urges Mio to at least put in the effort.

Dex-chan lover
Yes of course but their insults were pretty basic petty shit like "she can't even cook" etc. What she means was, she could at least put in at least minimal effort in to things like that. She just didn't at all. So she partly blames herself for giving up without trying and urges Mio to at least put in the effort.
But the thing is she did try learning, but because she is too clumsy and it just isn't something she is capable of doing, stopped learning before she got married.

The Husband certainly didn't care about it

Also let's examine these sentences:

1: "I got married when I was seventeen years old"
2: "Since I was a child, I was told that I spoke to much or was to energetic, but I got good grades in all my classes, and I was able to do everything I learned.
3: Only my cooking was disastrous though..."
4: "It was a house that had servants and I wasn't too worried."
5: "But my husband's family saw my way of thinking, my inability to do housework...
They begann scrutinizing me more and more"
6: "To think you couldn't cook even this much
I wonder if you could act in a more graceful manner?"
7: "But my husband's realtives were getting harscher and and harscher"

1: She was pretty much a teenager when she got married
2: Clearly she was still a bit childish (cuz y'know an actual child), or just in general not typically submissive
3: despite that her only "real" flaw is her inability to cook
4: Which isn't a fucking issue because there are servants for that
5: yet giving birth roughly under the age of twenty, raising two kids and overall not having any big personality issues the family latched on some minor contriviality to put her down
6: They harass her for minor faults that bear no actual consequence, repeatedly
7: And they were getting harscher and harscher about it aswell

There was literally nothing she could have done, because realistically this wasn't about her inability to cook.

It was about finding something to harass her for.

Trying to please these kinds of abuser is never going to end in them becoming satisfied, they would just continue on the next minor flaw. Maybe something she can't control like her hair colour or anything else that makes her different from them.

The only thing you can try with people like that, is try hiding the bodies.

Dex-chan lover
I too would like more chapters. Especially since I just started the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread