My Hero Academia - Ch. 423 - One For All vs. All For One

Double-page supporter
could've been worse. shigga never really changed or repented, just died for his crimes. could've been a story told better, but it seems to be okay

Dex-chan lover
Meh. Almost as anti-climactic as the end fight of Bleach.
A whole lot better than Bleach's "it wasn't cancelled, it ended as Kubo envisioned" ending. Izuku and AfO's fight could have been better, but overall I'd still say that it's better than Ichigo vs Ywhach.

Dex-chan lover
After all this time am glad that AfO is finally gone, the dude really overstayed his welcome, but I guess it was important to the story as a whole that he lingered as long as he had. Also I am content with the way Shigaraki was handled. If this all ended with him surviving and seeing the error of his ways or whatever then I'd call bullshit. I don't see any real way to have him survive that won't piss off a ton of people, both in the series and people irl.

Looks like we are ending the series with a quirkless Deku, unless Horikoshi has something else up his sleeve. Deku will likely continue on as a hero, becoming the number 1 hero quirkless as Hori originally intended, probably using that Iron All might tech.

One possibility (though not sure if this would actually happen) is if at the end when Deku and Shigaraki were having their final words, their fists touching that whole time, if Shigaraki decided to transfer a quirk to Deku. It could either be the copy of All for One that AfO gave him, so that he could put it to better use and perhaps undo all the damage that it caused, or perhaps Shigaraki returns OfA to Deku, though it could be a case where the quirk would have a blank slate, with Deku effectively being the new first user, replacing AfO's brother.

Fed-Kun's army
seems like deku had the balls to kill someone finally. Unless shigaraki manifests next chapter and they do some cheesy “I’m better now” moment which would piss me tf off
Arguably he didn't, since it was the previous owners of OfA making AfO self-destruct. Looks like Bakugo did though by dispersing Kurogiri, if a Noumu even counts as alive.

Dex-chan lover
So he prepared Shigaraki's body to be able to hold AFO but forgot to make it a vessel that wouldn't break by the accumulated power of OFA. Maybe its been so long that I dont remember anymore but wasnt his goal getting OFA too?

Fed-Kun's army
So he prepared Shigaraki's body to be able to hold AFO but forgot to make it a vessel that wouldn't break by the accumulated power of OFA. Maybe its been so long that I dont remember anymore but wasnt his goal getting OFA too?
My only guess is that he didn't fully understand the conditions to being an OFA vessel or he just thought he would be strong enough to handle any existing quirk. The only reasons he really wanted OFA was because it was the only power that could stop him and because it originally belonged to his brother.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty good finish, I especially enjoyed when Deku break AfO's illusion of being demon lord, that he just sad lonely old man. It also good payoff that Deku and Shigaraki being the one that finishes off AfO. Its a good payoff.

The issue would be that did Deku saved Shigaraki at the end? Well he didn't but at least he isn't the one that killed Shigaraki, Shigaraki perishes on his own. Deku didn't fall into easy solution of simply kill a bad guy and call it a day, but he also fail to save the bad guy, which shows he and society still has a long way to go before reaching that ideal. At least that's how I interpret it.

Dex-chan lover
I imagine OfA wrecking him could also be attributed to his super regeneration no longer working. That and/or he didn't anticipate how strong his body needed to be to wield OfA, with it overloading his body due to the damaged state it was in.

Aggregator gang
Remember when the previous users discussed how receiving OfA shortened their lifespans because they weren't quirkless? AfO having an absurd amount of quirks, tied with the strain OfA puts on the inheritors body, on top of all the battle damage, it was probably impossible to regenerate.

Commented it on another site, but kinda predicted that giving OfA to AfO would wind up killing him like this, since they dedicated time to making it a plot point. After all, why would making a plot point of "you will be the last user" be relevant for the story?

Dex-chan lover
Can you believe that no one ever tried just beating on AFO a bunch until he just died?

Users who are viewing this thread