My Hero Academia - Ch. 424 - Epilogue

Again with the cliffhanger, gotta know how are the others and if Midoriya is going to be rocking that fade for a while, gotta see the aftermath of everyone!!

I really hope they explain stuff and not just "Fin, it's over".

Dex-chan lover
Again with the cliffhanger, gotta know how are the others and if Midoriya is going to be rocking that fade for a while, gotta see the aftermath of everyone!!

I really hope they explain stuff and not just "Fin, it's over".
Saw on other sites and twitter that Horikoshi plans on keeping the series going for a while longer.

Can't remember the exact quote, but he talked about how it's expected for manga endings to be short and to the point after their final arc, but he doesn't believe that this series can end that way.

So while this chapter is called epilogue, it should be thought of as more along the lines of a (short) epilogue arc. I'm expecting at the most 3 more chapters, maybe a bit more depending on what Horikoshi has planned. He could choose to end it in a way where Midoriya and other major character's (Uraraka, Shoto, Bakugo, etc) stories are over, but set things up where if the anime (or perhaps other mangakas) want to keep going in the MHA world (with different stories and characters) they have something to work with.

Aggregator gang
so, is Horikoshi now kinda copying Fujimoto, or is too early to say that yet? well, after all, AFO DID claim that he had loads of friends all over the world...

Dex-chan lover
also that is not dekus new permanent hair style he had surgery they had to shave off that part of his head especially since the other side is completely uncut, I have this feeling horikoshi will make a sequel, one for all has "friends" all over the world wich means theirs most likely more villain's out their waiting

Dex-chan lover
Very good decision from him. I really dislike all the Shonen Mangas to stretch their war arcs so much but then only give the aftermath 1 chapter and maybe another one for the 10 years later future. Always found that weird. I mean at this point, it makes no sense to rush things. Might as well give your story a proper conclusion.
So I'm all for Horikoshi doing maybe another volumes worth for it's aftermath.

Dex-chan lover
Feel a bit of pain in this chapter. I wonder what happen to Deku next. Will he use mecha armor that All Might used in war and stay as hero?

Dex-chan lover
Very good decision from him. I really dislike all the Shonen Mangas to stretch their war arcs so much but then only give the aftermath 1 chapter and maybe another one for the 10 years later future. Always found that weird. I mean at this point, it makes no sense to rush things. Might as well give your story a proper conclusion.
So I'm all for Horikoshi doing maybe another volumes worth for it's aftermath.
Agreed.

I don't think every anime/manga needs a where are they now segment, but it's really annoying when a series just ends. Take Bleach for example, we only got the final chapter cause public response to the series getting cancelled. The second to last chapter would have been it, one where the MC himself and most major characters aren't shown or touched upon. It would have been nice to have an epilogue arc after Ywhach was defeated to wrap up around 15 years or so of story.

As for MHA I feel like this series and just how many characters and story lines it has needs a where are they now kind of ending. It's pretty much a given by this point that Deku's gonna go full iron man and keep on being a hero, with All Might probably continuing his work as a teacher. Then you have Bakugo and his recovery. We still haven't seen how Uraraka is holding up, also what'll come of Toga. The Todoroki family is definitely gonna need some closure.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, didn't expect I'd get a heartbreak from Bakugo. Deku is still a smart kid, so maybe he could be a sidekick (or maybe join the police?). I'm looking forward to the conclusion between Uraraka with Toga, and Dabi.

Aggregator gang
I don't worry if he ends the series in the next two chapters. For me it's great. The story of the main characters (Bagouku and company...) can be worked on in spin offs.

Speaking of which, apparently there was only one reference to Vigilantes in these last few chapters, right? Let's see how far you go.

Ps: Midoriya is leftist.

Users who are viewing this thread