My Home Hero - Vol. 16 Ch. 141 - The Value of Life

Dex-chan lover
Originally, I would say this manga is a synthesis of Breaking Bad and Death Note. A pute 10/10, a gem of the thriller genre. Now I need to add John Wick into the mix with how Kubo has been rampaging these past chapters. Some might consider it unrealistic in terms of how unstoppable he is, and I agree, but we have always had unrealistically smart characters in this manga. I love this manga.

D
Originally, I would say this manga is a synthesis of Breaking Bad and Death Note. A pute 10/10, a gem of the thriller genre. Now I need to add John Wick into the mix with how Kubo has been rampaging these past chapters. Some might consider it unrealistic in terms of how unstoppable he is, and I agree, but we have always had unrealistically smart characters in this manga. I love this manga.
Definitely not unrealistic at all actually. Kubo has spent his entire life training to kill. He's obviously ex-military since he spent time in the Middle East, possibly special forces if he trained insurgents there. It's a lot of luck and grit but there's been worse odds in history.

Dex-chan lover
cult, eh?

Kubo is actually getting away with too much killing, i dont know cantonese but if he survives in part 2 it’s borderline milking at this point

D

Definitely not unrealistic at all actually. Kubo has spent his entire life training to kill. He's obviously ex-military since he spent time in the Middle East, possibly special forces if he trained insurgents there. It's a lot of luck and grit but there's been worse odds in history.
No ex-military is going to take on 50+ people by himself with 0 prep and basically no weapon, it is unrealistic by all front and characters being written smartly doesnt excuse this turn of events. The author just seem to love this character for some reason and will write the most contrived stuff just to have him on top. I wouldnt be surprise if his editor had something to do with it in an attempt to extend the manga longer than it should.

Dex-chan lover
No, it's very unrealistic, I sincerely doubt that someone with Kubo's background would be accepted into Japan's military and definitely not their special forces. When I did my service I guarded an airfield not far from the Russian border, and Russia wasn't as much of a threat then as now. I was still fairly thoroughly tested beforehand.

My nephew just finished his year in service, and he went for the special forces. He had thorough background checks, psychology tests, the works. The very last thing they want is a loose cannon like Kubo. My nephew had a stable background with no problems in school or family, is a good athlete and intelligent (now studying at Cambridge). He was accepted, Kubo wouldn't have been.

OK, I don't expect this manga to be too realistic, as an example the deductive capabilities of several characters are off the charts: There's a scratch on the balcony (like on all balconies), I now understand everything! Still, the writer are going off the rails here being so infatuated with this yakuza that he gives him superhuman qualities. At this point I won't be too surprised if he finds a dragonball, uses it to cure himself and flies out of there.

Dex-chan lover
You guys are beasts for uploading 6 chapters at once like that

Dex-chan lover
No ex-military is going to take on 50+ people by himself with 0 prep and basically no weapon, it is unrealistic by all front and characters being written smartly doesnt excuse this turn of events. The author just seem to love this character for some reason and will write the most contrived stuff just to have him on top. I wouldnt be surprise if his editor had something to do with it in an attempt to extend the manga longer than it should.
Characters aren't "written smartly", they're borderline omnipotent. Closer to Sherlock BBC than Sherlock from the books.

Dex-chan lover
Wow thanks for the mass release! Also kubo is just too much annihilating a village cuz its fun

Double-page supporter
Only problem i have with him winning is that he wasnt wounded at all really. Then again it was a trained lunatic against a bunch of starved slaves basically.

Either way hope tetsuo would stop obsessing so much over the guilt of killing people who mainly tried to kill, rape or hurt his family, but i guess he is japanese and their culture is plenty different.

Users who are viewing this thread