My Husband's Reversal

It is a boy's name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idris_(name)
But it's not a dealbreaker if a female character has a male name. It's a fantasy series, not set in the real world.

Group Leader
Is there a novel for this? I'd like to read it if there is 😀

Idk guys, Idris seems pretty feminine to me. Might be because I've never known someone with the name.

The S at the end for me makes it sound feminine, don't know how you think it sounds like a boys name.

@PortalSage Idris is in fact a masculine (arabic) name given to males. If i am not wrong it is also a masculine welsh name but since khalid is also used i assume the writer chose it knowing it is arabic. An s at the end of a name doesnt make it either masculine or feminine. Names like James, Lucas and Nicholas further proves that

Edit: not that i mind anyway but it is indeed masculine

@Queen1500 oh, that's cool to know. when I was saying that the S at the end for me made it sound feminine, I didn't mean it wasn't feminine. It just sounded like a girl's name since there are girl names like Iris that sound like Idris.

@Queen1500 is there any background story about it?

like, maybe her parents want a son, preparing name for a boy, but got daughter instead, they are disappointed, but still name their daughter with that masculine name

idk

Fed-Kun's army
Amazed that people have never heard of Idris Elba lol

In all seriousness, when it comes to made-up names or someone from a different language/culture using names from another language/culture, I wish they did proper research and used them the right way, but I have absolutely no expectations that they will.

Another manhwa just started with the heroine named "Dylan," a Welsh boy's name that means "son of the sea."

The ML is so manipulative the whole premise gives me the chills x-x read up to ch.10 to find out what was going on and its exactly what it looks like? She was abused for a year and then died bc he was neglecting her and suddenly shes supposed to forget all of that and love him??? She's got so much self-hatred and absolute fear bc of her abuse it feels so gross whenever shes like "maybe im falling for him?" Right after remembering how miserable she was. Like hello??? Stockholm syndrom much

He misunderstood her and thought she disliked him.
She misunderstood him and though he disliked her.
She wasn't abused when she was married to him, but she was neglected. Her issues mostly due to her abusive family - which Khalid knew nothing about.
He has apologized profusely for hurting her.
He understands now that he needs to be clear and open about his thoughts and feelings.
He is determined to make it up to her in this life.
She is willing to move on from the past and give their relationship another chance.

Her falling for him is a bit sudden, but I can give him a pass for his past stupidity. Especially since she remembers the past but doesn't hold it against him. BTW up to chapter 12 is out in English now.

Thank you for the translations!

I know we are only 5 chapters in, but the FL is a real debbie downer. Like girl, take advantage of a good situation and prepare, learn new skills, polish yourself, get a weapon, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread