My ID Is Gangnam Beauty - Ch. 65 - Sooah (3)

Dex-chan lover
@Diathedia im just fucking with u ;)

but srs i could care less about crazy girl, I hate it when authors make a couple and then completely 180 into completely random shit that nobody cares about

I almost want there to be like 5 more chapters of her backstory just to weed the assholes out of the comments section.

Honestly even if she came to the conclusion she needed to be pretty to be liked...she doesn't have to be the prettiest all the time. She can just maintain her own prettiness. Instead she just became a Pick Me girl. Catering to guys' tastes, all pretty and sweet with no backbone.

I sort of get her thought process but what would she do about aging? Good thing she's not a model. I hope she overcomes this because it's such a poisonous idea

i hope the author doesn't make her do a complete 180 and start being nicey nice because woah now she has a true friend! she needs to keep being a super bitch who manipulates and lies to get what she wants. that makes it more believable

Double-page supporter
This manga is about the psychological side of beauty and how much it matters in our society, and it has a nice characterization which makes the romance even more enjoyable. This arc is well made too, thanks for the frequent updates!

Fed-Kun's army
Author pls stop... This is getting more pathetic >.<
Someone make it stop. QQ
Awww man the cringefest foreshadowing for the next few chapters.

Honestly, I couldn't care any less about Sooah, but these chapters have been interesting. I personally think it's important to the current story. Not necessarily to empathize, but just to understand why. To understand the parallels she sees between the girl with no face and Mirae.

That being said, I liked Sooah's hair length in this chapter. It suits her nicely.

Contributor
It's all about bringing context. Like it makes sense why she'd hate Mirae. That inferiority flares up. Especially if she doesn't really know her backstory.

It’s nice there’s some context but i still have no sympathy for sooah, she’s a twisted, manipulative person

I just don't know what to say about Soah anymore -----, I should be sad about her backstory but I'm not ....

It might be an unpopular opinion, but the Sooah arc is kind of amazing. Don't get me wrong, this arc doesn't make me feel bad and forgiving for Sooah or anything, she's still a manipulative, self-centered bitch, but the author gives us the reason why she became such a person. You don't need to sympathize, but it's good to understand. And, the way it approaches the main theme of this series - how beauty obsession can lead people the wrong way - is interesting. Because everyone comes to like her just because her beauty, she consider natural beauty as her key to happiness, and having all the guys like her as the proof that her beauty is enough to keep everyone around her. And everyone around her just falls into her trap, keep proving that her way is effective, that's why she keeps falling into it and get more and more greedy. I can see the way how her mind become twisted quite clearly.
And, the story about the girl whose face she can't remember is interesting. She's the only one that Sooah doesn't value by face, but actually remember what she said, remember that she wanted to be her friend. She could have been the chance for Sooah to quit her beauty obsession and start value people as their own personality, but Sooah missed that chance because she can't get in touch with her feelings. But this time, with Mirae, she might get that chance again, because Mirae is more determined in helping her, and because she had shown Mirae her true ugly self, not the fake nice one. It's a good development, if you ask me.

Fed-Kun's army
Alice_Genabich, I agree in everything aside from the No-Face girl being the missed chance. Imho, Sooah didn't miss that chance because she never had it. She hadn't single close person and she didn't think of No-Face as such, so for her to open to No-Face was the same as to open to any other person. In fact I think it was responsibility of No-Face to make more efforts to reach Sooah's feelings (since No-Face thought of her as a friend at some point). I mean, it's not like it is an obligation to help anyone, but.. if not a friend/relative, who else? That was a bit cold.

But I understand it. It's really annoying to deal with other people's psychological problems even if they're more open than Sooah and understand that they have problems. It's quite a dilemma where to put the boundaries of helping, meddling and keeping healthy personal life.

Probably MC will help Sooah. Or someone else. I'd like to see how. That would be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread