My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness

LML

Really amazing manga. I recommend it to anyone who has suffered mental illness, it's definetely marketed for lesbians, but as a bisexual man i almost felt like crying anyway. Lots of love to anyone who might be having a hard time and reflected on this story. (sorry if english bad not my first language)

People who hate this manga are just mad they aren't the target demographic. Sorry about the lesbian depression story not resonating with the cis dude? Literally just read something else, this isn't meant for you.

Dex-chan lover
I think my thoughts on this is that it is a manga, but it isn't a manga the way people think of a manga usually are. It has all the pieces, text, story, and art to go along with that, but it doesn't follow the narrative beats people assume from manga. This is a manga autobiography, and there are different expectations from that compared to other manga.

What I can say is that the raw emotion is powerful here. There are discussions of sex and sexuality that most people don't cover. But what I found most striking was the descriptions of developed shame, the concepts of being what you are expected to be in certain ways... these are visceral, bleeding parts of the queer experience and I think it's overall a very powerful piece of writing. It's uncomfortable in many ways, because that's life. Life's uncomfortable. This is honest. It's frank.

One of the few manga I've found that shows the reader a very real and personal account of depression and mental illness. The premise might seem weird but it's honestly an amazing read and quite tactful even with the lewd scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread