My Life as an Internet Novel - Ch. 66

@yellow6000
Man, I'm tired of these comments. How long do you think the story is? The original web novel is almost 600 chapters including all the side stories. It's as slow of a burn as they come and we've barely scratched the surface (this chapter is only like chapter 106 in the novel). Patience and open-mindedness are goddamn virtues and it's a shame so many people seemingly have none of it when assessing this series.

You know what's really frustrating? The fact that Chunyoung stans act like the author isn't going to bother delving into Jiho's character, mindset, and his relationship with Dani - which couldn't be more wrong. It's exhausting to see people talking as if they know everything when all they did is read some second-hand spoiler in a comment section that misses all the context, nuance, and character development leading up to it. Maybe keep an open-mind and let the story play out instead of having these knee-jerk reactions.

And while Chunyoung might've gotten introduced first, you'll learn plenty about Jiho over time. I honestly don't understand anyone that claims Jiho barely interacts with Dani even at this point in the manhwa. That is bullshit. He teases Dani just as much as Yeoryeong, if not more. Not just that - the fact that Jiho has actively helped Dani on multiple occasions, sometimes even without her or the others knowing, should speak for itself. It's subtle but Jiho always worries about her and tries to put her at ease in a natural, casual way that doesn't add to the burdens she already has to carry. He doesn't do things in a flashy way and is more quiet about helping her (there's a reason for that which you'll learn later on) than the others who inadvertently end up applying a gentle pressure on Dani which made her feel guilty for not opening up to them.

Jiho gives Dani advice when she has a fight with Chunyoung. She also has a much easier time asking Jiho to act like strangers in high school than the others and he reluctantly agrees to it because he knows pressing Dani for answers will only make her distance herself MORE, unlike Chunyoung who kept pressing Dani for answers and growing more upset with her when she doesn't answer; he goes to check on her when he hears she's starting to distance herself again; Jiho casually tells Dani she can always text him IF she ever feels she needs help - he doesn't put pressure on her to do it unlike the others who appeal to her emotions by mentioning how sad or angry or hurt they feel when she doesn't open up to them (bless their hearts, they are caring friends, but it's also true that it made Dani feel more guilty for not telling them her most guarded secret). Dani herself is appreciative of the way Jiho takes care of her without making a big deal out of everything.

When Dani is worried about the fortuneteller's warning of a car accident, Jiho tries to ease her worries by saying it was just for fun and teases her to take her mind off of it. In chapter 60, when Yeoryeong asks Dani if she's finally come clean about everything to them, he deftly covers for Dani when she hesitates by diverting everyone's attention to a different matter (hugging Ruda). Jiho is in no way inferior when it comes to caring about Dani despite doing so in a quiet way.

Also, she does not hang out with Chunyoung more. It's minimized in the webtoon compared to the novel so far, but there are still several subtle clues that Jiho is the most frequent visitor to Dani's place after Yeoryeong (which is all but confirmed by Dani in the novel chapter analogous to chapter 49 of the webtoon). He's also the one her parents called when they wanted Dani's friends to come over and hang out with her when she was depressed about her marks, which surprises Jooin (he asks why Jiho was the one who got the call) and even Eunhyung.

This video though... It's like a ticking time bomb lol we learn so many things from it.

Dex-chan lover
what a goddamn cliffhanger, raws here I come. even if I don't understand, just the art, just a little, just a- yeet

Cliffhanger!!!! NOoOoooooo 😓 I desperately want to know what happened 😫

this cliffhanger is the worstttt omgg, i wanna know what they saw in the video that made them all look like they’d seen a ghost

Aggregator gang
@sardonic Thank you, I feel like I'm the only one who likes Jiho and is a Jiho fan (and enjoys Dan-I and Jihos' interactions the most) sometimes with the way everyone talks in the comments, even on the novel updates discussions a lot of people have written him off before we got a deeper look at Jiho as a person/character when haven't even reached the 100th chapter out of 595.

I'm not making assumptions here but I think people don't like him because he teases her the most or something along those lines. But people fail to notice how much he helps her from the shadows because Chunyoung takes center stage for cute moments (along with Yeoryeong).
And most of the comments that even mention Jiho are about how Jiho has shown no feelings for Dan-I among other things. Let's just wait and see and once the final chapter (hopefully) has been translated and everything has been laid out people can maybe see why Dan-I chose who she chose (and maybe we'll get an alternate ending). What I'm saying is give Jiho a chance
Edit: Thank you @sardonic for the warning about potential spoilers, and I totally agree with the comment you made later on, I don't know why people crap on Jiho
for being ML

@sardonic
Whoa. Calm down.
For me at least I don't absolutely hate the end pairing.(didn't read the novel)
As a matter of fact,
I don't think Dan I and chunyoung are a good pair romantically, cuz though they have same ideals, they are so different in character ( just my opinion)
But I will say, the author and the artist drew so much attention to chunyoung (romantic settings and all that).
As you said, none of us read enough to understand why the author chose that ending. Dont assume everyone is being 'close minded', while in reality they're just going by the little info they have. These comments are just their first reactions.
I will say that it's their(me 2) fault for spoiling themselves though.

You know, I read the novel that’s been translated so far and I’m glad I did cuz these cliff hangers are killer lol

Also, I’ve become suuuuch a Jiho fan (not stan quite yet as my annoyance at Ruda is overshadowing everything rn haha). I think that because I saw more of the obvious cute moments were with Chunyoung first in the manhwa that I really shipped them, but damn does the heart-pounding moments with Jiho show a lot more once readers get passed a point in the novel lol

Thank you so much for the translation!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH THIS PARTTTTTTTTTTTTT OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD THE ICONIV SCENE HDHFKSGKSDFKGDSKFGWFGKHFGJHFB

CLIFFHANGER NOOOOO WAIITT I WILLL WAIIIIT BUT WTF HAPPEND WHY DID HE MADE SUCH AN UPSET-EXPRESSION hsuwkwmw

Users who are viewing this thread